¡Los Californios: The Destined! [IC]

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hacht

"Alright, I will provide you with both, or would your prefer to be given wagon or a cart? We can spare one if need be."

(Spanish) "Depends on the terrain. If a cart would be serviceable it would be preferred. I had also an idea for a horseless coach that could maybe perfected."
Von Hacht ponders.

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(Spanish) "Depends on the terrain. If a cart would be serviceable it would be preferred."

"The peninsula is rather hilly and contains many canyons. However, the route to the Sepulvida family's residences and the landing is serviceable by a cart or wagon."

HandofMystra

First Post
Ti'at is looking suspiciously inconspicuous; darting out of shadows to talk to single indios or small groups and then fading back to the shadows.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: A slight retcon and a nudge toward the rail.

Don Forester handed Geoffrey a map. "You will find that we marked the most expedient route for your journey on this map and had the soldiers mark the approximation locations of the nearby haciendas and their rancherias." He paused for a moment in contemplation. "Given the distances that you will be required to travel, it is my estimate that you should arrive at the Sepulvida hacienda in about 5 hours from time you leave if you ride non stop. For that reason, I suggest that you plan your journey wisely."

He turned toward Professor Hacht, "Professor, if you are unable to find a worthy assistant by the time you and your companions decide upon leaving, I shall make certain that someone from the Garrison will be a able to assist you on your journey." The Englishman motioned to the soldiers at the table. "Now if you will excuse me, I must depart, for I have other interests to attend to. When you are ready to leave report to the garrison and to receive your provisions, horses and a cart or wagon, should you desire one."

Don Forester shook everyone's hand one last time before bowing cordially to Scarlet. "If I am needed, during the next few hours, you shall find me at overseeing construction near Pio's dramshop."

Don Forester and the soldiers exited from the chapel, Don Forester glanced at the assembled indios. "(Spanish) If you are lucky, one of them might offer you work, if that is what you indios desire."

OOC: It is about 2pm in the afternoon. Sunset during this point of the year at about 6pm local time. Also the 5 hour estimate is assuming you don't push the horse.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Geoffrey nods as he opens up and examines the map, holding it out so that the others may look as well.

" I think we might be well advised to spend this afternoon planning out our expedition, and figure out a route to follow that is both efficient and mindful of our priorities, " he says. " Given the matter of provisioning and preparing mounts for you folks, we should be prepare to set out at first light tomorrow, rather than pushing our horses hard on the first day. "

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

(English) “An excellent idea,” Scarlet agrees.

“I am not really a wilderness type, however, as you might have figured already, so I do not know much about what to expect on the way, and where a good route would be. I hope some of you are better in this area?”

Walking Dad

First Post
Prof Hagen von Hac

(English) "I'm a man of science not the woods"
Von Hacht responds.

[sblock=OOC]
FATE CHIPS: 2x white, 1x red
Condition:
PP of Lightning Gun: 10 / 10

may I change the Lightning gun from bolt to burst? More fitting and I honestly forgot about it.
[/sblock]

Fenris

Adventurer
[Spanish]"Pardon me companions, but I do not speak Ingles. Perhaps we can discuss our journey." adds in Manuel.

Kaodi

Hero
" Ah, I must apologize, sir, " says Geoff in Spanish, his accent detectable but suprising unobtrusive, " I have tried to accustom myself to speaking first in the local language, but it seems I have slipped up. We were just discussing the journey. It was my suggestion that we prepare thoroughly today, and set out at first light. The young lady was also concerned about her knowledge of the wilderness, but if I may be a little presumptuous, I imagine you are more than qualified to avail us of any dangers of that sort. "

(( Geoffrey can probably be assumed to be speaking Spanish unless it is obviously otherwise, for future reference. ))

Thanee

First Post
Scarlet

(Spanish) “Oh, excuse me,” Scarlet says.

“I am far more comfortable with my native tongue, but in this case, my Spanish has to suffice.”

Remove ads