• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1001 minor traits for magic swords

TheAuldGrump

First Post
293.) Catnip Scented. Every domesticated cat within a radius of 200 yards has their disposition improved by three towards the bearer of this sword, approaching the bearer from all directions at their normal Move. The bearer does not gain any control over these cats, nor does the bearer gain any ability to communicate with these cats - they just like him. A lot.

This radius is doubled if the wielder does not like cats. This radius is doubled if the bearer is allergic to cats. These bonuses to the affected area stack....

The Auld Grump

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
294) Lunar Blade: AN etching on this weapon transforms to represent the current phase of the moon or moons. AT night, This weapon gets a modifier to damage acording to the phase the moon is currently in.

New moon: -1
Cresent Moon: +0
Half Moon: +1
3 Quarters moon: +2
Full Moon: +3

A Variation of the lunar blade has the weapon dealing fire damage on the nights of the harvest moon.

Another variation has the weapon doing Negative energy damage during an eclipse.

295) Blade of the Blessed Mother: This weapons critical multiplier is increased by one when defending children.

296) Swarm Blade: On a critical hit this weapon causes an exclusionary swarm to bis around the Vistula head this swarm dose no damage but can still distract the person disrupting spell casting as per the distraction power of a swarm.

297) Bread and Butter blade: When dragged acros bread this sword leaves a perfect smear of rich yummy butter. When used to stir milk for 5 minutes the blade magically transforms the milk into butter if stirred for another 5 minutes it transforms the butter into cheese.

298) The sell Sword: When looked upon this weapon seems to be the sort of weapon weilded by a real profesional. When being picked out of a crowd for merk work the owner of the sell sword tends to catch peoples eyes sooner than the owners of other weapons. You also gain a +2 bonus to Negotiating such mercenary deals.

299) Beguiled: This sword can talk and its impressed by EVERYTHING. It tells you how amazing everything is and generaly brightens everyones day. This weapon grants a +1 moral bonus to damage To everyone within 20 ft of it. Sadly this includes the enemies as well.

300) Babe Blade: This weapon is covered in masculine symbols and carvings as such it likes to impress the cute ladies. It Grants a bonus to Confirm critical hits = to 1/2 the charisma bonus if any girl wielding it. If a guy wields it this is instead a penalty. There is a Version that works in reverse aptly called the gay blade.

RigaMortus2

First Post
301) Blade of Reverse Critical

Rolling a natural 1 on an attack roll with this blade is always a critical hit, no confirmation roll needed. Rolling a natural 20 on an attack roll with this blade is always a miss and the wielder automatically drops the blade in a square adjacent to them. Rrandomly roll which square the blade lands in, typically 1d8 for the 8 squares surrounding a medium-sized wielder. The GM may adjust the roll as needed.

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
295) Blade of Reverse Critical

Rolling a natural 1 on an attack roll with this blade is always a critical hit, no confirmation roll needed. Rolling a natural 20 on an attack roll with this blade is always a miss and the wielder automatically drops the blade in a square adjacent to them. Rrandomly roll which square the blade lands in, typically 1d8 for the 8 squares surrounding a medium-sized wielder. The GM may adjust the roll as needed.

SHouldnt that be # 301?

RigaMortus2

First Post
302) Blade of Chaotic Striking

Before the wielder of this weapon makes their attack roll, the DM rolls two d20s in secret. Whatever the number is from the first roll acts as a natural 1, and whatever the number is from the second roll, acts as a natural 20. Should the wielder of this weapon roll either number naturally, the result acts accordingly. If the DM rolls the same number twice, then there is no automatic hit or miss on the wielder's attack roll.

Example
Wielder of Blade of Chaotic Strike declares he is going to make an attack with the weapon. The DM rolls 2d20, the first result is a 15, and the 2nd result is a 3. When the player makes their attack roll, if he rolls a natural 15 on his d20 attack roll, it is automatically a miss. If he rolls a 3 on his attack roll, it is automatically a critical hit. If any other number is rolled, calculate the total result with modifiers to see if the wielder hits (even if the result was a natural 1).

Nookie

Explorer
305) The blade of Audacity: This weapon functions as normal but when A person gets a chance to be Audacious in combat (I.e. bold or arrogant disregard of normal restraints.) The wielder is granted a +1 luck bonus in his attempt to do that action.

Example. Then fighting the evil baron at the royal Ball the character decides she wants to sunder the Villain belt buckle to reveal everything the gods gave him to the crowd of aristocrats watching he would gain a bonus to do so.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
307) The Chatty Sword. "Hi, thanks for finding me. I spent two years just lying on that dusty dirty floor. I only saw the occasional orc war party go past, and one time this old dwarf picked me up and looked me up and down like I was a funny stick with bells and whistles. Then he just dropped me. I tried convincing him to take me along, but I guess he didn't speak any of the sixteen languages I know. Or maybe he was deaf, I suppose. Anyway, what are you up to? Any slayings to do? People to kill, treasure to find? Back in the day I used to be pretty darn good at those things. Found a whole chest full of diamonds one time. My owner at the time was this lovely elven lass called Illyria, but she was killed by the owner of that chest I found. Now him, he was a nice guy. Bit crazy, called me Marly, that's my name, but he called me Mad Marly, kind of an ill-fitting nickname I thought, but see the killings we did together, oh those were exciting days, lots of things happening. Not like the past year when nothing happened, the dust layer just kept rising slowly. Like watching grass grow, not that I've ever done that. Now my name, that's an interesting story. The human who forged me, he was called Feldrin, Feldrin the Strong, he named me after his father, Marly Wishman. Wishman, he didn't do much, but Feldring was always fond of him and that was that. Well, I guess it wasn't that interesting of a story afterall. But the treasure, see, I'm very good at tracking down valuables. Got a nose for it. Not an actual nose you see, for I am just a sword. And when I say just I mean I'm really good at being a sword. Very sharp, never need any sharpening. But you can probably tell, you look like the type who knows this stuff. I'm sure we'll do great things together.."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads