• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

10thousands of names, 100shops (with each 50 weapons) and 100 taverns

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
Fimp also asked about prices in taverns. Decide on three standard price lists. The filthy, louse ridden, stale beer price list, the clean but plain price list and the super deluxe, gourmet price list. Then, each time they come to a tavern, use whichever list fits. Then stop worrying about it.

fimp

First Post
Teflon Billy said:

Ebon works free, it just won't generate mroe than five names at a time unless you pay the guy his 4 bucks or whatever.

If it worries you, just generate 5 names at a time.

It will take you a hell of a time to make a list with 100 names in that way!

Teflon Billy

Explorer
fimp said:
It will take you a hell of a time to make a list with 100 names in that way!

Click a button twenty times? You're not a video gamer are you:)

If you really think it's a big effort, then just pay him his pittance and get it unlocked.

King_Stannis

Explorer
Teflon Billy said:

Click a button twenty times? You're not a video gamer are you:)

If you really think it's a big effort, then just pay him his pittance and get it unlocked.

i was just thinking the same thing! man, fimp, you wouldn't describe yourself as......ahh....somewhat "unmotivated" at times, would you ;) alright, just kidding. but seriously, it doesn't take that much time to hit a button 20 times!

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
fimp said:
What can a DM do when the party arrives at a metropolis?
You need to invent a name for every person they meet, invent prices at each tavern they come too and tell them which weapons the smith has in his shop.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE!!! At least to me, it has happened more than once the players laughed at the names i invented for some NPCs.
I know theres a lot of "computergenerators" out there, but i dont want to use a computer in my game...

Help!

Believe me I know the feeling all too well!

In the LEJENDARY ADVENTURE core rules book LEJEND MASTER'S LORE I have listed shop types with goods generally stocked. and that's a help.

In the world builder series coming from Troll Lord Games there will be a whole volume dedicated to places where characters go--what the shop looks like, what it has for sale, etc.

Also coming in the same line is a book of names--people, places, monsters, etc. This will have lists and name generator tables too.

Having spend countless hours working on projects where instead of being creative I was trying to come up with rather ordinary filler material of this sort, I do believe that many a person will breath a sigh of relief when those books are available. I know for sure I will.

Gary

Remove ads