19 year old dies after being shot by catapult

StupidSmurf

First Post
Rel said:
I believe that simple logic dictates that this would be less common that either circumstance by itself. But it is without question vastly more entertaining.

I can see it now: www.deathbytrebuchet.com. The only site on the net for hot "moron-on-hard-surface" action! All trebuchet deaths, all the time! Continuous streaming video!

Hand of Evil said:
Sunday the Discovery Channel had on the Pumpkin Chunking show, CATAPULTS, TREBUCHET, and AIR CANONS, Oh my!
Yep - happens every year about this time in Southern Pennsylvania just across the Maryland border (used to be in Maryland but they ran out of space). Expressly forbids the flinging of live human beings.

StupidSmurf

First Post
On REM's album "Murmur" (1983), they DO have a song called "Catapult"! (So speaks the rabid REM fan...that is...I'm rabidly a fan of REM, not a fan of seeing REM rabid)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Thunderfoot said:
Expressly forbids the flinging of live human beings.

Note the implied wiggle room for my new business venture. ;)

Dead Flingers: "You offed em', we loft em'!"

More than likey, the pin mechanism was already broken and the spoon dislodge during the in-fligt toss of one of the participants. When I went to basic training one of the first things the said to us was and I quote, "Don't ever throw one of these things at anything you may want to live later!" They may not spit fire like they do in the movies, but the do leave one heck of a crater and throw a whole lot of shrapnel.

Remove ads