• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

19 year old dies after being shot by catapult

Zander

Explorer
Joshua Dyal said:
Rel, where are you when we need you?

And this guy was an Oxford student? Has Oxford relaxed their standards somewhat? They let in this bozo, who went by the nickname of "Dino" in? :confused:
That's the difference between INT and WIS.

He was smart enough to know that he could be killed doing this (not that that requires great intelligence) but lacked the ability to resist his thrill-seeking urges.

Zander the Oxonian

StupidSmurf

First Post
Zander said:
That's the difference between INT and WIS.

He was smart enough to know that he could be killed doing this (not that that requires great intelligence) but lacked the ability to resist his thrill-seeking urges.

Zander the Oxonian

"Here lies Dino.... Intelligence 15, Wisdom 3"

Dougal DeKree

First Post
Aaron L said:
All I feel is bad.

Yes it's not a nice thing.

Be assured however, we applied exactly the same conditions to a crash-test-dummy we had no further use for and the results proved deadly for anyone who had not done a "falling training" before. Sad for him, interesting for the automotive industry.

William Ronald

Explorer
Mark CMG said:

Probably a lot less than that.

I can understand some forms of thrill seeking, but skydiving (for example) has precautions. This was foolish and my well have been the only death by trebuchet in the last 100 years.

I feel bad for the guy's family, but this is a death that could have been prevented by a little commonsense.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
William Ronald said:
This was foolish and my well have been the only death by trebuchet in the last 100 years.

I think you're vastly underestimating the scope and creativity of human stupidity. I'm willing to bet that death by trebuchet is about as common as death by shark.

Rel said:
I think you're vastly underestimating the scope and creativity of human stupidity. I'm willing to bet that death by trebuchet is about as common as death by shark.

Yes, but what about Deaths by Trebuchet flinging people into the sea, where they are then eaten by sharks?

You know, sort of like the fish food you can toss out at those Koi Fish Ponds?

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Vraille Darkfang said:
Yes, but what about Deaths by Trebuchet flinging people into the sea, where they are then eaten by sharks?

I believe that simple logic dictates that this would be less common that either circumstance by itself. But it is without question vastly more entertaining.

Remove ads