19 year old dies after being shot by catapult

Inquest told of student catapult death

Press Association
Monday October 31, 2005

A student was killed in a bizarre stunt after he was hurled more than 30m through the air by a human catapult, an inquest today heard.

Oxford University student Kostydin Yankov, 19, suffered multiple injuries when he missed a safety net after being flung from a medieval-style trebuchet catapult.

Mr Yankov, a biochemistry undergraduate known as Dino, was part of the university extreme sports club - the Oxford Stunt Factory - who had visited the trebuchet site in Middlemoor Water Park near Bridgwater, Somerset, in November 2002.
Rel, where are you when we need you?

And this guy was an Oxford student? Has Oxford relaxed their standards somewhat? They let in this bozo, who went by the nickname of "Dino" in? :confused:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Mr Nelkin from the Article said:
"As he hit the ground I heard a thud and then a second thud."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people are just too stupid to live… (Lots of warning signs were missed, like the big one of “you want to shoot me out of a catapult?”)

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It's sad when someone dies. We should not be making jokes. Ok that out of the way. Please continue.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Crothian said:
this type of thing, people being hurled by catepults, is nothing new. I've heard of injuries some severe but this is the first death I've heard of.
yep been going around for years now mostly it was into water but for some reason people have been flung into nets these day. :eek:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Brother Shatterstone said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people are just too stupid to live… (Lots of warning signs were missed, like the big one of “you want to shoot me out of a catapult?”)
That is why we make helmets and put warning labels on everything, bet someone forgot to read the label on that catapult: Not for human use!

Henry

Autoexreginated
I dislike making jokes on the misfortune of others; that said, it absolutely stops me stunned when people do this kind of crap to themselves. Who IN THEIR RIGHT MIND who's ever seen a car wreck or a failed bungie jump THINKS TO VOLUNTARILY LOAD THEMSELVES INTO A TREBUCHET? I don't care what promises of safety are made (and it doesn't sound like anyone was making such promises) that's plain crazy.

Remove ads