• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

19 year old dies after being shot by catapult

reveal

Adventurer
Maybe he thought Castle Nerf was under siege.

fantatoon11.jpg

StupidSmurf said:
DOCTOR: Excellent choice, Mister Fumblebottom. We have several programs to choose from. There's the "This is no way to seige a castle" option, if you wish to travel to England. There's the "Holy crap, look what just landed in the middle of Times Square" package, and lastly, there's the "Wile E. Coyote missing the net by *this* much" option.

Don't Forget the "I hate my neighbor's Mercedes THIS much.

Or the Special Half-Time Field Goal for a Million Dollars Contest. (I'd be sure to have a Will, just in case you are 'On Target').

Henry

Autoexreginated
Thornir Alekeg said:
I keep getting this image from a Mythbusters I saw recently where they were flinging crash test dummies from a giant slingshot. They didn't fly very well. Can't imagine a human doing much better.

Same one where they balanced a telephone company lift truck from cargo containers to test the myth of the "flinging phone tech?" My GOD that was a spectacular crash! And a spectactular fling! :)

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Henry said:
Same one where they balanced a telephone company lift truck from cargo containers to test the myth of the "flinging phone tech?" My GOD that was a spectacular crash! And a spectactular fling! :)
Sunday the Discovery Channel had on the Pumpkin Chunking show, CATAPULTS, TREBUCHET, and AIR CANONS, Oh my!

Darth K'Trava

First Post
*DING, DING, DING*

We have a new Darwin Award winnah!!!

Anyone who lets themselves be launched out of a mechanism of WAR have rocks for "brains".

FickleGM

Explorer
But, do you feel at all sorry for Oliver Nelkin, the next in line for the "TREBUCHET OF DEATH"?

I mean he had to be thinking, as his buddy bounced along the ground - 'Darn that Dino, now I'll never win that coveted award...'

I heard he was heading to the William Tell festival with his nearsighted dad.

Aaron L

Hero
All I feel is bad. I mean, other people had obviously done it before him, but he died from it. I guess all it comes down too is knowing your own luck. (and yes, there is something that can be called luck. some kind of universal principle, the Force hates you, inherent clumsiness, negative probability field, or what have you) I would die if I tried something like that. He must have had some feeling that it wasnt going to work out.

In any case its just an awful thing.

Remove ads