• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1930's Pulp True20 Game

trilobite

Explorer
I have been really impressed with Green Ronin's True20 rule set and I am dieing to get a game going using the rules. Now one of my favorite genres is 1930's Pulp adventures; Indiana Jones, Doc Savage, Sky Captain, and the like. So I am recruiting 4 to 5 players for a rousing pulp adventure game. I don't want to give anything away but I am using an idea that Barsoomcore and I had a while back and advancing it into the 1930's.

So what kind of players am I looking for?

1. Able to post at least 4-5 times a week. If you can post faster than that, great! I can keep up.
2. Familiar with the Pulp genre in general. If you don't have an idea of what I am talking about don't worry about applying.
3. Good role-players!

Hopefully this will be a very cool and fun game. Once I get my players then we can start talking game particulars.

Last edited:

trilobite

Explorer
Last edited:

jezter6

Explorer
I have true20 and am available at least once a day. Oh, I also have 80% of the Thrilling Tales pulp stuff and am a big fan of the genre.

trilobite

Explorer
jezter6 said:
I have true20 and am available at least once a day. Oh, I also have 80% of the Thrilling Tales pulp stuff and am a big fan of the genre.

Yeah, the Thrilling Tales stuff is great! :) Any ideas on what to convert or add from Thrilling Tales to True20 would be appricated.

I think I might advertise over on the True20 forum.

jezter6

Explorer
I don't think you need to 'convert' anything, but using all the good fluff in the books is key.

I would also lean quite heavy on Noir (one of my favorite books) for M&M 1E if you can find it cheap. It really sets the mood for a darker pulp game.

Galethorn

First Post
I want in! I'm a true20 devotee, you might say, and I can post once a day without any trouble. I like to think I'm a good roleplayer, but I'm hardly an objective source in that regard.

Depending on the general theme and where things are going on, I think I'd want to be a tough-guy of some sort; a sergeant in the Great War, or something along those lines, if its a globe-trotting sort of campaign; something more local if it's more, well, local.

trilobite

Explorer
So far I have two people interested in the game;

jezter6
Galethorn

If DrZombie wants in I can help him make his character.

I would like to have 4-5 characters in the game. Though I might be talked into adding a 6th slot if there is a lot of people wanting in the game. I have posted recruitment on the True20 forum.

Now the pulp genres that I am going to incorporate into the game are;

Air Hero - The some of the characters will most likely start in Shanghai so it would be nice that one of characters runs a charter sea plane business. Another character could possibly be a mechanic/buddy of the pilot.

Foreign Adventure - There will be a lot of globe trotting to exotic locations in this game. The first part of the game will see the players traveling around the South Pacific.

Horror - There will be some Horror elements to the game but they will not overshadow the two fisted heroics of the players.

Throw in some dashes of Espionage, Weird Menace, Lost World, Spicy, and Jungle Stories into the mix and you have some what of an idea of what I am going to run.

Last edited:

jezter6

Explorer
I'll volunteer for the Air Hero if nobody else wants to play it. WWI veteran pilot who moved to the Philipine islands to retire in a jungle paradise.

What year is the game starting at?

trilobite

Explorer
jezter6 said:
I'll volunteer for the Air Hero if nobody else wants to play it. WWI veteran pilot who moved to the Philipine islands to retire in a jungle paradise.

What year is the game starting at?

I think the game will be set around 1936-1937. I need to do a little more research before I set it in stone.

The Air Hero will be based in Shanghai at the beginning of the game but that might change with my research. The Manila is a good second choice though.

Last edited:

Remove ads