• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

1936 - Pulp Heroes

kirinke

First Post
That would be excellent for her mom, and to a lesser degree her. :) I mean, if they were training her to be a protector and guardian, they certianly wouldn't go the normal route of saying 'monsters don't exist'. ;)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
kirinke said:
That would be excellent for her mom, and to a lesser degree her. :) I mean, if they were training her to be a protector and guardian, they certianly wouldn't go the normal route of saying 'monsters don't exist'.
And now you have just given me an excellent idea on who to base my description when I need to describe Elizabeth's mom. She just became more alive for me :lol: .

Blackrat

A discussion from the past:

Philippe: "Mrs. Nightshade. Elizabeth complains that there's a monster under her bed again."
Katarina: "Again?! It better not be the same one I banished yesterday. I think it's time for Liz to learn to take care of them herself. Give her something to bash the monster with."
Philippe: "Very well ma'am. Is a fireplace poker suitable?"
Katarina: "Yes, that should do."

kirinke

First Post
Her mom I'd think is Phaere's equal, intellectually and magically, though her powers are more of a divine origin than his. It's what makes them such a scary couple at least in certain circles. ;)

Blackrat

Yeah, that's how I see them too. But now I found a point of reference to her personality. Phaere I based both on Khelben Blackstaff and Sean Connery. A perfect gentleman who is calm to the extreme, a man who knows there is absolutely no thing that could surprice him anymore. He has already seen everything the universe can show him.

Last edited:

Blackrat

industrygothica said:
Eddie whispers to Jimmy quietly. "Get pictures, kid. This is a career maker here, and it's all yours."

Of course Eddie has his own camera, but if somebody's gonna get shot for taking pictures, it's not going to be him. He touches the grip of his gun, ready to pull it at the first sign of direct trouble.

ooc: Bluff +12 in case Jimmy's unsure.
Cruel, but well, ahem, he is kind of behind you so if he gets shot, you are badly in the line of fire ;) . Ah, don't worry, no-one's gonna get shot at for taking a few pics... probably... :]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Blackrat said:
Cruel, but well, ahem, he is kind of behind you so if he gets shot, you are badly in the line of fire ;) . Ah, don't worry, no-one's gonna get shot at for taking a few pics... probably... :]

Anything for a story, eh? I guess I thought he'd move to get a good shot. Good photographers are hard to find, I suppose. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads