• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

2007 Fan's Choice Nomination Thread

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
I am pleased to announce the official opening of this thread (as well as threads on The Forge and RPG.Net) for nominations for the Fan's Choice Award for Best Publisher for the Gen Con EN World RPG Awards 2007.

Here's the rules:
-One voice, one vote. This means you can either nominate or second a publisher once per board. Pick wisely. If a publisher gets nominated once on ENWorld and once on another board, then I'll consider it seconded- unless it's obvious that it was the same person posting the nominations.
-During the nomination process, I will collate the nominations and post which publishers have been nominated and which ones seconded on the ENnies web site's Links page.
-Any publisher who released product during the eligibility period (May 1 2006-April 30, 2007) is eligible to be nominated whether they entered the ENnies or not.
-Sunday, July 8th, I will close the thread and compile its contents with those of the other designated threads to create the nominee list.
-Monday, July 16th, voting will begin to determine the fan's choice along with all the other categories. And just as with the other ENnie categories, you don't have to be an EN World member to vote- votes are tracked by IP. The voting period will last 2 weeks.
-Upon closing of the polls, the top five publishers will be notified and be asked to make plans for attending the award ceremony.
-The winner will be announced live at the ENnies ceremony Friday, August 17th at Gen Con Indy at the Indiana Roof Ballroom. All publishers and fandom are welcome to attend- your Gen Con badge is your entry.

When selecting Best Publisher, try and take into consideration not only the quality of product, but also involvement in the roleplaying gaming community at large and customer support. Feel free to explain why you have chosen a particular publisher for nomination. If you are a publisher, you may nominate another publisher, but not yourself. Please don't waste your voice- any nominations for ENPublishing will be gracefully declined. A publisher need only be nominated and seconded, so you don't need to do third votes. You're very welcome to elucidate upon why you approve of a selection that's already been seconded, and then nominate someone else.

This is not the voting process- that will start July 16th. This is merely a nomination thread.

Don't forget, these don't have to be d20 publishers, nor "large" press- so long as they released product between May of 2006 and April 2007 they can be nominated. Heck, they don't even have to be book publishers- Aid/Accessory producers are equally eligible.

Glyfair

Explorer
I have two I'd pick now, but I'm going with Paizo.

There products are at least as good as any by another company out there. Plus, there are willing to put out innovative products that are good for many RPGS (most if the Gamemastery line). They also were willing and able to take others products and introduce them to a wider audience (flip mats, combat pad).

That doesn't even mention their two best products, that are being ended this year for reasons not tied to their quality.

Last edited:

I'm going to go ahead and nominate Margaret Weis Productions / Sovereign Press. I'm pretty sure they're the same company now, for all intents and purposes.

Their Dragonlance products have all been stellar, and though they're losing that license this coming January, I expect great things from their other lines (Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural, and Serenity).

-TRRW

Kunimatyu

First Post
Paizo, for the Savage Tide Adventure Path (and Critical Deck, and adding the Steel Squire Flip-Mats, merging with Necromancer Games, etc etc.)

Remove ads