2010: Is it Dragonlance? (hint)

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
Thus Athas does have a place for almost any living race.

There are some dead races, so not everything would be allowed. However, I think you could fit a lot in DS race-wise.

Would be good if they did both Dark Sun and Dragonlance, but DL I think'd best be done as a module, novel, online presence, or something of that nature.

A lot of people say DL is vanilla, and I can understand their reasoning. However, I think what it has over other worlds is that it is so story-driven. DL would be an excellent chance for WotC to showcase how role-playing isn't just combat and dungeons.

Tinker gnomes and kender are fun character races, as are Imperial minotaurs (I'd like a minotaur version without Baphomet and charging / headbutting as their schtick!).

Minotaurs in Dragonlance are way cool. They've got a brutal sense of honor (think Klingons here), they're warriors, and they're mariners. Plus, they worship the god Sargas (Sargonnas), god of vengeance. Minotaurs have been slaves several times in their history. That's why they intend on being the masters. While some folks are content with conquering Ansalon, the minotaurs intend on conquering the world.

But the setting would need a massive re-write to give it "Oomph" and fix all the mess done by multiple catastrophic wars/changes etc....sort of like what they did to 4th ed Forgotten Relams but in reverse! :devil:

I think we did a pretty good job presenting a cohesive setting in 3.5. All that would be needed is an update, perhaps with a bit of a time jump. The last thing Dragonlance needs is another cataclysm.

More 4th edition elements might fit than what you think. There's already things in place that would allow for the inclusion of devas, dragonborn, and eladrin, for example. Most classes would fit in nicely, with maybe a little bit of fluff text to explain a few. Only the warlock presents a problem, but maybe some fluff text or a set of three moon pacts would make it work out nicely.

Remove ads