• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] Answering the Call

hellrazor111

First Post
"Well, sir, I am a good marksmen it combat, but physically weak. Outside of combat, I can be silent and stealthy, and can disarm traps and locks." replies Tiax. "I also have a few other useful skills that can be useful.

Last edited:

Rhun

First Post
Orinar nods at their new little companion, who fails to stand even as tall as the half-giant's waist. "Then Lars and I shall hold the line, while you and Menno can send some arrows or whatnot streaking into their ranks. That should keep them off guard."

Hey Hellrazor, you may want to add your PC to the Rogue's Gallery. :D

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I would like to have two or three crossbows loaded just in case I need to shoot fast. What do you think, can we afford some protection from fire spells? That way we can avoid most common attack and also I could fire with impunity in melee."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Little flashback:

Menno concentrates while parties go their separate ways, studying magic carried by dwarf's party.

He then turns to the curate: "Can we buy spells from You? Not as scrolls or such, but single casting, just before combat? I mean from the Church, not necessarily You personally?"

The curate says, "In this situation, that is not possible, Menno. Until after the trial, I must maintain a policy of strict noninterference."

[sblock=Menno]
Menno detects little magic on the dwarf's party. There are a few faint auras. Most interestingly is the single moderate enchantment aura on the dwarf.
[/sblock]

OOC: I should get the game moving later today, assuming you all are ready.

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: Could we get our hands on wand or scroll of shield (or even mass shield)? I'm not sure how much that costs, but they are superior way of avoiding most common arcane attack (magic missiles) :) Also, if this church cannot interfere what about others? You see where I'm going with this? To pay 25 gp per spell level instead of purchasing scrolls or other consumables, specificaly for this fight...is it feasible?

Also, I lost RG of this thread (and thus access to Menno's sheet) - I'm on sick leave and don't have access to my work computer

Rhun

First Post
OOC: Neurotic, just look a couple posts up from here, as I reposted the link to the RG for Hellrazor.

Orinar is ready. He will initiate the psionic powers noted above right before combat, and he will also take 20 during the hour before the fight to gain his psionic focus.

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars rests and prays while he waits, and shows up early to survery the battlefield. And wonders idly if he should have gone wenching before the combat trial, just in case. Unfortunately, he has to avoid getting drunk first, lest he screw up in the battle and get himself killed or just make Heironeous and his followers look like utter fools. He doesn't accept any others' purchased magical aid, saying it would be dishonorable for him.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC: Could we get our hands on wand or scroll of shield (or even mass shield)?

[sblock=OOC]Regarding purchasing new equipment, remember that Borderland Keep is not a big community, and it's primarily military-oriented. It has a reasonable supply of mundane equipment, especially weapons and armor. Anything in the PhB is available, although large quantities or individual items worth more than 350 gp will likely take time to either order or to craft.

Magical equipment is less available. The merchants of the outer bailey, attracted by the upswing in adventuring sorts, can generally provide any DMG magic item worth 50 gp or less. Items up to 150 gp might be available, but, again, will likely take time to order or to craft.

In short, Menno can certainly pick up a scroll or two inside of an hour within these price restrictions.[/sblock]

Rhun

First Post
Orinar shows up early to the appointed battlefield as well. He nods a simply greeting at Lars. "I am ready," he says, his loud voice rock steady.

Neurotic

Menno shows up, barely ten minutes early, his belt sporting two scrolls that weren't there before.

"Now remember, if they bunch up let me blast them before you enter the area. I have a scroll that will enhance the size of the recepient. If it gets tight I'll use it."

[sblock=RG]
This bonus equals the number of draconic fears you have.
This is from Menno character sheet in description of draconic heritage :) Can I have one-hundred-and-one draconic fear!? :p
[/sblock]

Remove ads