[3.5] Answering the Call

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars enjoys the wine but manages to restrain himself from drinking too much, given the dangers he may face tonight or tomorrow. He listens to the information shared by the fey, and his face takes on a grim set for a moment.

"Then these bricriu must be stopped, before the good folk in Borderland Keep suffer from those troublemakers' actions. There are many faithful of Heironeous doing good work at the Keep..... But I think we should finish our current excursion first, to deal with some of the goblinoid threats in the Caves, before we return to the Keep and look for whatever bricriu are skulking about there making mischief. Curate Anselm is managing the Keep's security well enough for now, and we can't have a goblinoid army amass itself at the Caves for an assault on the Keep. Once we've thinned their numbers further, it should discourage the cowards long enough to let us divert our attention to hidden threats inside the Keep," the paladin thinks aloud, blathering on longer than he would when sober.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"My master told me once that new spells appear and dissapear all the time. He knew a mage in similar situation we have now and the mage researched a spell called Discern Shapechanger. He didn't copy it seeing how very situational that is and not finding it very good. But maybe we could ask around if there are copies of it even if we have to send for it. A scroll or better yet, a wand might solve the problem of bricriu

But even if we get it, the spell itself is beyond my power at the moment. Not much beyond, but still..."

OOC: It's 3rd level from complete mage, works like detect magic with 60' range and 1round per level duration...detects only natural shapechangers, not mages with polymorphs (specifically, supernatural abilities or shapechanger types (barghest and doppleganger as examples)

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Duhnmair nods. "Magic indeed can be an effective tool, if one has access to the right kind. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how much help we can be. Our king could perhaps cast such spells, but..." The fey knight pauses, considering his words. "...he desires minimal contact between our people and the Big Folk. The wizard who built the subterranean fastness under that cairn may have had such magics, but I don't know how to gain access."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We can look it up after we clear the caves of the goblinoids.

We would be indebted to you if we could count on few of you to guard us in the forest or at least to let others know we shouldn't be bothered? It would greatly help us if we could have safe place to rest so close to the caves."

After he receives an answer, Menno gets up, stretches and goes to his sleeping roll
"It was great to help you, good to chat and your wine is fabulous, but I need my beauty sleep to replenish the magic for tomorrow. Have a good night!"

Arkhandus

First Post
"Magic isn't my field of expertise......so I'll leave that matter for others to figure out. Right now, we have more hobgoblins to remove, and I will consult with Curate Anselm later regarding those bricriu. I suppose it is best if we rest up for the morrow's cave-clearing..... Fare thee well, Duhnmair, and good night." the paladin replies, taking one last drink and preparing to rest.

Rhun

First Post
Orinar stretches his mighty body, and prepares to join the others in rest so that he can be fresh for tomorrow's trials.

Remove ads