[3.5] Answering the Call

Rhun

First Post
"A drink, to celebrate our victory, and to toast Heironeous!" says Orinar, clapping Lars on the shoulder. "Our work was well done this day." With that, the giantsblood moves to retrieve his thrown javelin, before joining the others in the tavern.

hellrazor111

First Post
"Drinks sound great, I insist on buying the first round." exclaims the gnome, his depression moments ago gone as if nothing had been said. After everyones gathered, Tiax asks "So what is these fey folks like?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Like nothing I've ever seen before. And probably not many others too. I need a drink. After lunchtime we can sell what we gathered and go out. We can camp in the woods on the way to hobgoblins. We're still going after them, right? Oooh, I need a drink." Menno starts with his usual enthusiasm, but as he remembers the fight his mood darkens.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
The afternoon passes into evening, and the beer flows freely and there's plenty of food. Word spreads quickly about the trial by combat, and many of the keeps residents stop by the tavern to congratulate the winners. Several express relief that Korax and company will soon depart the area.

Morning arrives damp and chilly. A mist curls across the ground and up the sides of the buildings. The overcast sky is muted blue and gray.

OOC: Ready to head back into the wilderness?

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars buys another two trail rations in the morning, along with refilling his waterskins. When he rejoins the group at the tavern, Lars declares "Alright, I'm ready to go! The hobgoblins should be quivering in their boots when we get back to carve new furrows in their bones!" But then he looks up at the sky and wrinkles his brow for a moment. "Then again.....maybe we should buy a tarp or tent for the road.....considering the weather."

Rhun

First Post
Orinar too purchases a couple more packs of trail rations and refills his waterskin from the keep's well. His armor and weapons have been cleaned and polished, and the giant-kin looks quite ready for the day's adventures. "We can always sleep in the caverns, should the need arise. If those hobgoblins had any sense, the have fled the region. And if they have stayed, we will crush them into bonemeal."

Orinar will have taken 20 on a Concentration check to gain his psionic focus for the day.

Neurotic

"I'd prefer to sleep in the tent in the woods, we know we have allies there. And also, you might want to take these, we might need them. If you feel the need to reimburse me, feel free, but you don't have to."

Menno distributes vials of healing potions.

"Now, I'll just badger you if I need food and lodging in the city" he grins, sleep seemingly putting him at ease about yesterday's events.

OOC: If possible and available, Menno will buy 4 potions of CLW, if not I'll edit the text

Arkhandus

First Post
"Hm. I would like to avoid too much work keeping rust off my gear, so I'll take a tent for myself at least.....we will likely need to camp outdoors at some point." Lars responds, heading back into the market area to look for someone with a tent to purchase. Once he's taken care of that, Lars returns to the group and then heads for the gates.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Lars, Orinar, Menno, and Tiax, rested and freshly equipped, leave Borderland Keep behind and forge back into the woods. Orinar leads the group around known monstrous spider territory. After a few hours, the forest gives way to a large clearing. Ahead about 200 yards, the ground rises in an even slope. At least the center of the slope is obviously artificial, for the party can see a large, closed stone portal of great antiquity.

"We've been here before."

mark-chance-albums-mlc-s-pix-picture329-sealed-portal.jpg

Neurotic

Menno takes out horn given to him by pixies and sounds it.

OOC: I hope I'm not misremembering, we were supposed to come to great clearing near the woods and sound the horn, right?

Remove ads