[3.5] Answering the Call

Rhun

First Post
Orinar switches his greatsword to his free hand, and swiftly draws out a massive javelin. He pauses a moment, taking aim at the hawk, and then hurls the missile through the air toward the foe!

AC: 15, Hit Points: 20/19

Initiative: 08

Shift greatsword to free hand (free action), draw javelin (move action), throw javelin (standard action)
Javelin versus hawk-boy: 16
Damage 10

- Power Points: 2 of 5 remaining -

Psionic Powers in Effect (This assumes they were activate in the seconds right before combat started)
Force Screen (+4 AC), round 5 of 20
Vigor (+10 hit points), round 6 of 20

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let him go, Orinar. He'll come for his friends or not, either way, we proved our claim."

Menno then goes to check on the people he burned.
"I have to remember to control my fires instead of getting out of control. What if I killed that man? Ha, Menno, how'd you feel, knowing you killed tha man in non-lethal duel? Was it even fair? Did he have a chance to defend from your fires? NO! As wise man once said 'With great power comes great responsibility.' I must take more care in the future..."

Menno's thought trail off as he approaches fallen opponents.
"Are they still alive, father?"

OOC: how about that retcon Dr.S?

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars lowers his axe and says "I don't think we can stop that one before it escapes, whatever it is....." He faces Menno and adds sternly "You better watch that fire magic, Menno. Only Korax's human allies bore the taint of evil, and it was Korax who issued the challenge."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Orinar's parting shot nicks the retreating "bird" and then it is gone from sight.

The heroes gather near the northern end of the battle ground. A quick survey discovers three things. First, Korax is badly hurt, but he'll live. The curate's clerics are seeing to that. Second, the elf is already regaining consciousness. Lastly, the other human is both dead and was not human at all.

In his place is an eerie, androgynous creature: almond-shaped eyes, a strong jaw that's lightly bearded, slender neck and broad shoulders, a barrel chest, and narrow waist with full hips, dark brown hair in sharp contrast to alabaster skin. Even with its mortal injuries marring its appearance, the creature is both alluring and appalling at the same time.

The half-elf says, "What in the hells is that?"

"A strife-bringer," says Curate Anselm as he draws near. "An evil fey, and a disturbing discovery. They are shapeshifters and agents of chaos."

Rhun

First Post
Orinar shrugs as his javelin fails to drop the fleeing shapechanger in bird form. Removing an oiled rag from his belt, he begins to wipe dwarf-blood from his blade. Hearing the curate's words, the giantkin shakes his head. "I knew there was no good in this bunch. This day, justice and law have been served."

hellrazor111

First Post
Tiax gets a sad look to his eyes "It may have been for da best, being evil and all, but I still did not wish to kill 'em..." his eyes return to their normal position, "but I did, and dey challenged us, someone was bound to die. Can we get this dagger of yours now?"

Rhun

First Post
Orinar sets a massive hand upon Tiax' shoulder. "Do not worry little friend. Even in mock combat people sometimes die. In all things there is risk, and they knew chose to fight. Justice lent us strength, and steadied our hands." The giant kin looks at Lars and nods his head at the paladin. "Heironeous' will was served this day.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I'm sorry, Tiax, I didn't immediately register the bolt that felled him, once I did there was no recalling of fire. Still, it's for the best, otherwise we wouldn't know of this new development."
He turns to curate
"I apologize if this is too forward, but can you cast true sight? Or have someone else cast it? It would be best if you could round up everyone on some ritual unannounced gathering and sweep everyone. Maybe to honor the fallen today and justice served. Once you know you're safe, you can go about uncovering others, if there are any."

[sblock=hellrazor]
What about death of the dragons? You announced continuance and then disappeared again
[/sblock]

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Curate Anselm gestures for some keep soldiers, who come over at a jog. One of them smartly salutes the aged cleric.

"You will accompany these men to the stockade," the curate says to the half-elf. "Your injured companions will be taken to the infirmary. Once they are well enough to travel, you will be outfitted with sufficient food and water before sent into exile."

In the background, the official audience is dispersing, heading toward the innermost structures of Borderland Keep. One of them, a older human woman dressed in noble finery, pauses for a moment. She seems to be studying the scene, especially the part the victors occupy. Then, she hurries off.

"I apologize if this is too forward, but can you cast true sight? Or have someone else cast it? It would be best if you could round up everyone on some ritual unannounced gathering and sweep everyone. Maybe to honor the fallen today and justice served. Once you know you're safe, you can go about uncovering others, if there are any."

Curate Anselm shakes his head. "Alas, no, Menno. Such divine magic is beyond my humble abilities." He pauses, watching his clerics place the wounded on stretchers. "Something else gnaws at my mind, but I can't quite place my finger on it."

Soldiers are carrying Korax and the elf to the infirmary. Two clerics accompany them. A third reports to the curate, holding out a mithral blade.

"I believe, Lars," Curate Anselm says, "that this is the item in dispute."

Arkhandus

First Post
"Indeed it is. Thank you, Curate. Our friends in the woods will be glad to have it returned, even though it will not bring back their dead kin. By Heironeous' will, we are victorious and justice is served. Now we can return the blade and continue our efforts to clear the caverns of goblinoid filth and other vile things," the paladin replies, bowing his head slightly to the Curate in respect.

He takes the mithral blade and slips it through his belt for now, looking to his companions. "You did well. Nice shooting, Tiax. The fires were helpful if a little excessive, Menno, but I appreciate the aid. And Orinar, your strength continues to amaze, felling the sturdy dwarf so handily. Let's go have ourselves some drinks before we get back to business!" Lars suggests, before cleaning his axe quickly and stowing it for a better cleaning later on.

[sblock=ooc]Meant to reply sooner, but got too busy this week and hadn't been keeping up with my usual internet-activity, dangit. So I'm a little behind on updating the games I'm involved in.[/sblock]

Remove ads