• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[3.5] Answering the Call

Rhun

First Post
Orinar raises his mug to Lars, his massive fist hiding most the the vessel with his hand. "Well met then, Lars. I look forward to fighting beside you. Though I am not one to dwell on the blessings of the gods, I too have a few minor abilities that may catch our foes offguard." The huge warrior takes a hefty quaff of beer from his mug, and then belches mightily, startling the nearby soldiers. With a jovial laugh, Orinar turns his attention back to his drink.

Arkhandus

First Post
"Hrm. Excuse me, I was rather focused on the promise of ale. But I have to be sure Heironeous won't drive his axe into my metaphorical arse for soilin' His good name too much outta ignorance." Lars mutters, pausing before he starts to quench his thirst. His silver eyes stare intensely at Orinar and the others nearby for several seconds, before he blinks and mutters "Sorry, just had to check."

[sblock=ooc]Scanning the area with Detect Evil, before Heironeous might slap him in the face metaphysically for dealing with evil folk, just cuz he's unsure and can't just trust his gut instinct on it.[/sblock]

ravin_raven

First Post
Menno considers their position, and turns to Orinar: "Lars seems a stout man, but three is an unlucky number. Perhaps we should find another to aid our party, and then head out to explore these caves. Are there any other preparations that we need before we depart?"

Rhun

First Post
Orinar nods at Menno. "Indeed, three is an unlucky number. We should find another to join us. As far as preparations, I daresay we just need a good night's rest and we can leave at first light!"

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Lars gives the tavern the once over, noticing nothing alarming. If Orinar or Menno notice his brief distraction, they haven't given away anything so far. The wench keeps the ale and vittles coming as the new comrades talk.

ravin_raven

First Post
Lars gives the tavern the once over, noticing nothing alarming. If Orinar or Menno notice his brief distraction, they haven't given away anything so far. The wench keeps the ale and vittles coming as the new comrades talk.

Menno continues to scan the room, scanning the patrons for suitable companions as the conversation draws on. "We should look for a fourth a bit longer, then make our way to bed soon. We'll need our strength in the morning, and our wits," he adds as he notices the swiftly growing pile of tankards before his towering friend.

[sblock=OOC]In addition to looking for recruits, Menno is trying to gauge if any of the other patrons are taking a special interest in this table, what with having a giant and all.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Kyl enteres the tavern. It's hard to see what he has on besides his long, flowing dark blue cloak. His hood was lowered, showing a clean shaven, short haired man. He looked young, but his carried himself like an older, confident man. He walks gracefully to an empty table. When the bar wench comes over, he simply waved her away. He didn't feel like drinking today.

Kyl entered just in time to hear Menno speak of three being unlucky and something about entering caves. Something about how the man spoke promised treasure, or adventure at least. Focused on trying to overhear the conversation at hand.

ooc: Hope you don't mind me assuming that I could hear Menno.

Arkhandus

First Post
Lars nods, and orders more beer. He'll drink a few mugs, but doesn't want to feel awful in the morning since he's got work to do then. He hands over 2 silver pieces to the bar wench for his drinks.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Kyl entered just in time to hear Menno speak of three being unlucky and something about entering caves. Something about how the man spoke promised treasure, or adventure at least. Focused on trying to overhear the conversation at hand.

Of course, Kyl knows that the masters of Borderland Keep have put out the call to adventurers to help deal with the growing threat of evil rumored to be centered on a place ominously known as the Caves of Chaos. The three men at the table certainly appear to be adventurers.

A serving wench approaches Kyl as he enters.

"Good day, good sir," she says with an almost sincere smile. "Have a seat, please. What should I fetch you from the tap?"

Menno continues to scan the room, scanning the patrons for suitable companions as the conversation draws on. "We should look for a fourth a bit longer, then make our way to bed soon. We'll need our strength in the morning, and our wits," he adds as he notices the swiftly growing pile of tankards before his towering friend.

Menno notices a new arrival, a man in a blue cloak, whose attention seems divided by Menno's table and a serving wench.

Rhun

First Post
Orinar, not one for ceremony or manners, stands when he catches sight of the newcomer in the dark blue robes. Standing, the giant-kin approaches the man, towering over his seated form. Of course, Orinar would have towered over him even had the man been standing on his chair. "What about you then?" he asks in his jovial, booming voice. "We need a fourth. Are you interested in adventure, loot? Ale and women? Har! If so, you should join us!"

Remove ads