• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 [3.5] Epic Spell Focus still +6 or is it +3?

Kaelynna

First Post
Hello there!

Does anyone know what the 3.5 Epic Spell Focus bonus is? In 3.0, Epic Spell Focus gives +6 DC bonus. In 3.5, Spell Focus changed from +2 to +1, and Greater Spell Focus changed from +4 to +2. So is Epic Spell Focus still +6 or is it +3?

Thanks!
- K.

Xeriar

First Post
I'm ignoring the changes to spell focus, but...

More than likely Epic Spell Focus will go the way of Epic Weapon Focus, ie providing a +2 bonus (for +4 total) - but I doubt many people are going to use the 3.5e rules wholeheartedly anyway.

HEL Pit Fiend

First Post
In the spirit of the [3.5] rules AND the way most feats progress in a chain of similar feats, it should probably be another +1 for a total of +3. Look for the pattern and follow it.

Burne

First Post
While there isn't an official answer I plan on running in as +4 (in total). An epic feat is worth more than a base feat, and it gives some pay off for purchasing the IMO now underpowered Spell Focus and Greater Spell Focus.

Love
Burne

Remove ads