[3.5] [IC] Hall of the Dwarven Lord

Halford

First Post
Darvin nods along to his cousin's words, but when he speaks his voice is somber and serious.

"How many Dwarves had to die for those hobgoblins to gain those halls Dagger? Enough that I consider a little lust for their blood the decent response. These are not peaceful folk they are invaders who no doubt butchered or enslaved every last one of the good dwarves they displaced, remember that when you fight them and you will do just fine."

He shrugs and smiles wanly,

"Ah, sorry, I don't mean to be bleak, we will take back those halls and drink ourselves into a celebratory stupor."

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC 17, hp 16, Grt Axe +6/1-12+2/X3crit

"Cheer up, Dagger! You've known us for ages now! You know that we're not bloodthirsty. If you really thought that, though, you'd have no reason to keep coming around us after all this time. ;) The three of us make a good band to take care of this matter, but I do wish that we had a Dwarf friend to go with us, so that we wouldn't seem quite so out of place, being three humans among the dwarves."

Last edited:

kinem

Adventurer
"Thanks for the ale. Much appreciated." Dagger takes a long sip. "Thing about bloodlust is, it can be addictive just like ale. Except that just one extra sip can ruin your life.

Now here's my idea. We'll all go most of the way and we should bring along a priest, just in case someone gets hurt, you know. I'll scout ahead the final bit, and then we'll decide what to do from there."

Leif

Adventurer
Rayverim "Ray" Thanderghast, Human Fighter2, AC 17, hp 16, Grt Axe +6/1-12+2/X3crit

" That sounds like a fine plan, Dagger. Count me in. You are coming with us, aren't you cousin? Now, if only we could find a cleric who was also a dwarf...hmmm...."

Halford

First Post
Darvin chuckles,

"Ah, a plan, I like it." He takes a long draught of ale, "Makes us seem dead professional! Roll up, roll up, clerical dwarves needed, Moridin's finest only please!"

Walking Dad

First Post
The barkeep looks up at your words.
"Maybe I know just the right one for this job. If you want to go know, I can give him a message and send him after you."

[sblock=ooc]
No answer from the last player for know. Do you want to start anyway?

History: The hall was built 400 years ago by the Stoneanvil clan. The clan-symbol is a warhammer over an anvil.

Local: The dwarves have mostly been living in seclusion. They only sold ale regulary and sometimes masterwork metal weapons.

Arch & Eng: No useful informations.

Dungeoneering: There are some natural caves around the location. Maybe the goblins used one of them to tunnel into the hall.
[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"Well lets see what do I know about the hold? Hmmm, well I seem to recall that the Clan who ruled there were the Stoneanvil Clan, kept to themselves other than selling ale and some fine weapons." The Wizard nods to his cousins axe.

"I wonder if the goblins used one of the caves in the area to breech the hold. Seems plausible and more likely than a frontal assault."

"Maybe I know just the right one for this job. If you want to go know, I can give him a message and send him after you."

"Excellent! Well you would have my thanks thats for sure, I am not a man renowned for my patience once resolved to a course of action! I say we go and let the good dwarf catch up should he choose to join us."

OOC: I am up for starting now if you fellas are. :lol:

Leif

Adventurer

Ray smiles grimly at Darvin's mention of his exceedlingly fine chopper. "Yes, Darvin, yes, by all means, let's just rush off like you always do. I suppose it must be your vast intellect that makes you so impatient with us regular mortals. Hmmm, I wonder if it is a coincidence that our missing member is probably the wisest among us?"

Halford

First Post
Darvin pulls a face,

"Bah wisdom thats just a pseudonym for no fun." He grins and then attempts to look stern and wizardly - he is not successful, but you can tell what he is going for.

Remove ads