[3.5] - Nightmares of a Sleeping God

jackslate45

First Post
Right posted Florian up in RG. He should complement Dorn very well, bardic music will make them both hit a little harder and he can hide behind the dwarven meat shield when his pitiful d6 hit die begins to tell. He has a fair AC of 17 and more importantly DR 2/Cold Iron which ought to give him some survivability at low levels.

Sources used outside of Core:
Extra Music feat: Complete Adventurer, 4 extra uses of bardic music per day.
Fey Heritage and Fey Skin feats: Complete Mage, +3 to saves vs. enchantments and DR 2/Cold Iron.
Healing Hymn ability: Complete Champion, replaces fascinate, gives bonus to healing spells and allows you to treat normal nights sleep as 24 hours rest, etc.
I feel bad just looking at the SRD and building my boring character...

Myth and Legend

First Post
The Bard's Hanbook (look into Dragonfire Inspiration). The Archery Handbook :)

HM: Flaws are basically negligible disadvantages for the benefit of extra feats. Buts since you rolled Fighter (who has no class features apart from a ton of feats that are virtually useless when you read SRD only) you might not benefit from them as much. Especially if you take Toughness, which at level 10 with 20 CON will give you like 2% of your total HP.

You could work towards Dwarven Defender which isn't half bad for a Fighter class and use your feats to get there ASAP though.

Now i know you hate optimizing but should you have the free time, you could check out the Fighter's handbook.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
if this was pathfinder he would get something every level! armor and weapon bonuses!! Critical feats!!

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Eh, it doesn't really count as optimization when you are playing a melee bard. It's like a runner wearing expensive trainers with one leg. ;)

Edit: Expensive trainer I guess.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I feel bad just looking at the SRD and building my boring character...

Boring only if you play him/her so, I chose vanilla almost because it gives me a way to change up the way I play the character. You could have all the same stats, skills and feats and all it takes is a little quirk to make a character interesting.

Dorn isn't a typical fighter in that he is not good at fighting (+3 to hit, dmg 1d8+2 Crit 20x3 - is not optimum) he has been behind a counter for years and his training I am still trying to figure out. But as he develops so will his fighting and give me room to have his personally grow as he sees himself become a better warrior.

HM

jackslate45

First Post
Boring only if you play him/her so, I chose vanilla almost because it gives me a way to change up the way I play the character. You could have all the same stats, skills and feats and all it takes is a little quirk to make a character interesting.

Its more so that I have no idea what most people are talking about. Duskblade? Divine Metamagic? :confused:

It is just my gripe as a new person comming in to 3.5. I find pathfinder soooo much easier is all. I do have my friends 3.5 library, and he will be helping me build it.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Yes just coming into 3.5 can be daunting - there is soooooooooooo much stuff out there for it.

But really you just need to know that which would be most important to your character. If he has never met a Duskblade then there is no true reason for you to go through and look the class up, right?

HM

CWBush

First Post
Just using the standard Greyhawk style one.

Sorry for the lack of activity in here the past few days guys. Was away for the weekend.

jackslate45

First Post
Yes just coming into 3.5 can be daunting - there is soooooooooooo much stuff out there for it.

But really you just need to know that which would be most important to your character. If he has never met a Duskblade then there is no true reason for you to go through and look the class up, right?

HM

Well, I couldnt find a Duskblade, so it will still be a shock lol.

Hikari Warbringer is up.

Remove ads