3.5 OGC Spell Compilation

Sledge

First Post
Thanks Man-thing I'll see if I can find them now. :)

Okay "cripple" is a bad word choice on my part. However a list that shows how every company uses OGC in their products would be very valuable to me. Even if by product. For instance.

Book of Eldritch Might: all rules are open. Names are closed, but Malhavoc is very good about giving permission for names.

In fact for Malhavoc I suspect they only did that to protect themselves unilaterally from the Jim Ward / draWmiJ spell name problems. It is silly given the names of the spells are collosally general for the most part, but is not a cripple attempt. I'll take a look into some other books in a bit.

Ghostwind

First Post
All of Bastion Press' non-Oathbound books are 100% OGC text and even the Oathbound ones are 98% OGC (which includes the spells).

Sledge

First Post
Well I hope to pick up those two by Mongoose, but it looks like arcane will be hard to find. I'm hoping it will be pretty comprehensive for it's publishing date at least.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
Sledge said:
Well I hope to pick up those two by Mongoose, but it looks like arcane will be hard to find. I'm hoping it will be pretty comprehensive for it's publishing date at least.

To give you an idea of how comprehensive it is they included spells from a free PDF I released in late 2002 (but not from the for-pay PDF that worked with it).

Steel_Wind

Legend
While not OGC, WotC's Spell Compendium Vol 1 is to be released this November.

This is a book which promises to be a big deal in my gaming group. Most players pring a PHB and that's it in terms of printed books to the game. We have a copy of every single WotC book at our hosts game library anyways, (and we all bring laptops for .pdfs) so for in print material, only the PHB gets referred to often enough to merit paper for all participants.

I expect the Spell Compendium, if good enough, will be the new 'must have" at the game for all players.

Remove ads