• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 "Splat Book" updates

crinos43

First Post
Before I go on, a "splat book" is a term I use to refer to the mini class books WotC released (Sword & Fist, Defenders of the Faith, etc.).

My question is this: is Wizards/has Wizards released a 3.5 update for these books? I have heard that one was released by the RPGA, but since I'm a semi-active member of the RPGA, no member around here is going to give me the site for these updates.

If an update was made, could someone please tell me where? It would be greatly appreciated.

Olive

Explorer
a) There's only been one new complete book announced, so the phrase "the new complete books" is a misnomer.

b) everything we've heard about thse makes them sound like they will be substantially different to the 3.0 splats, and the chances of them updating PrCs etc. are slim to none.

That said, there ahs been no update booklet for the splats, and word on the WotC boards is that there won't be one. That's surprising, as I know that SKR has writen an update for Ghostwalk, so I assumed that they would all be coming with update notes, but I guess not.

Archer

First Post
How do the complete books sound different from the old books? There probably won't be five, I think they will condense it into 4.

As many people have said, the old classbooks were in need of a complete rewrite and not just ever expanding amounts of errata. Sword and Fist was in need of an update to 3.0 when it first came out, let alone 3.5

They will "update" some prcs and count them as the 75% new material.

Olive

Explorer
Archer said:
How do the complete books sound different from the old books? There probably won't be five, I think they will condense it into 4.

The stuff I saw said that the complete warrior would contain combat options usable by all classes. That doesn't sound like S&F to me.

the Jester

Legend
Olive said:

The stuff I saw said that the complete warrior would contain combat options usable by all classes. That doesn't sound like S&F to me.

Um, almost everything in Sword & Fist is usable by anyone.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Well if the complete Warrior isn't the new splat books something for WoTC will be in the works soon as I don't think theirs anyway they would let the opportunity sit unanswered.

Nor should they.

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
If you're looking for some guidelines to converting the splatbook feats and classes to 3.5, you could do worse than looking up the Living Greyhawk 3.5 conversion guide. The final version hasn't been released yet but it would make a good starting point if you don't want to do all the work yourself. (Portions that would probably be good to change include their conversion of the Forsaker's DR abilities and the Sacred Fist's DR penetrating abilities.)

A'koss

Explorer
The Complete X books are essentially Splatbooks +. The Complete Warrior will contain updated PrCs from Sword and Fist, a few new classes, feats, a few spells, equipment, new combat tactics and so on. There will be a fair bit of carryover from S&F.

And I say Complete X books because there will be more coming down the pike. A spellcaster-based one is the next in the line I believe.

Cheers,

A'koss.

reapersaurus

Explorer
Well, if 3.5 is any guide, all they'll do is remove anything that people like using from the splatbooks, or nerf them so that they are no longer worth taking. :rolleyes:

Remove ads