[3.5e D&D Greyhawk] The Sunless Citadel [OOC]

Errandir

First Post
Oh. Hmm. I just assumed it would be unloaded, actually. Seems a bit dangerous to walk around with a loaded crossbow strapped to the back of your pack. And after all, they were traveling on an established road, not wandering through some uncharted wilderness. I think I'll leave it as is.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
It's funny, but in the DMG the chances of a wandering monster encounter increase based on the population density. In the boondocks of the wilderness the frequency drops. I think the reasoning is that monsters and bandits are attracted to civilization and the increased amount of opportunities for killing innocents and looting. That or the DM is supposed to fill in more non-hostile encounters on their tables. In any case, I wanted to start off the campaign with a bang.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Brunhilde will kill Zombie #1 with her attack, so Eivan and Krindorf can adjust accordingly. I will update the Tac Grid when I finish the monster's turn.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Regarding Krindorf actions, I messed up with the words. I mean to use a free action to actually drop the bow, a move action to draw sword and a standar for a melee attack when the monster gets adjacent.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OK, but you can keep your bow in your left hand and use the short sword in your right.

In any event the zombies did not approach Krindorf, they just attacked Brunhilde. So Krindorf is up again in Round 3.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After a PM discussion with Gruffle, I would like to amend my recommendation about dealing with NPCs. I am not scolding, but offering advice for the future. NPCs in Authority can be expected to be higher level 3+ depending on their position and the size of the community. Dealing with them may require some caution and most will start off as Indifferent when you first meet them.

Over all I would not take the situation with the Constable that seriously. At Indifferent she is only back to acting how she would if you guys had not helped the town and just walked in the gates. Essentially no real harm done. Armed adventures cannot always be welcomed with open arms by the local law enforcement (especially Rogues). ;) Innkeepers are more likely to be friendly, as they like returning customers.

Later on, when she isn't busy, Gregor can always try to improve her attitude back to friendly if you guys desire.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
@VV;
What kind of people are you considering robbing? While stealing in itself isn't evil, robbing commoners and simple tradesmen and such isn't very good either. Of course I can let your companions deal with the issue. ;)

Voda Vosa

First Post
Probably attempting to steal someone that might look like a merchant while the others are entertaining the barkeeper with all those silly questions about taking a bath. Hmf! Who needs baths?

Remove ads