3.5e Eberron Against the Giants -- Recruiting closed.

EvolutionKB

First Post
I'd like to try this, I admit my DM at the time converted this adventure on the fly for 3.0, the very first fall after 3.0 came out. I don't remember much about the adventure besides some comical situations that we ran into, but I'd understand if you'd rather have somebody more green.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Hasn't Against The Giants already been updated for 3.5? I know that there are copies of some of the maps on the Wizards site in their Map-A-Week archive. But I wasn't able to find any of their old adventures in the archives though (I wonder if they removed them to gear up for the Dungeon page of all-new adventures?) I'll do a search to see if indeed it's been updated to 3rd edition already for you to save you the time.

It also goes without saying that I'd love an Eberron version of this and would submit a character in a second.

And to answer Creamsteak's question... House Tharashk is always interested in Xen'drik... both for the potential of dragonshard recovery, as well as finding new mercenaries to employ. House Lyrander is another one... especially if perhaps their attempts to establish a flight path between Xen'drik and Sharn have been interrupted by giant incursion. That could be a reason why they'd get involved.

EDIT: Well apparently I was wrong that an updated had already been published... but it appears that other groups have done their own personal updates. Mike Mearls from WotC started a campaign of it as well, and that WAS written about on the Wizards website. LUNCHTIME CAMPAIGN

For them, they did 11th level / 28 point buy characters and had a party of 8.

Last edited:

s@squ@tch

First Post
I have my hands on a 3.0e conversion which is a good starting point for the conversion to 3.5 and to Eberron.

I'm working on a hook and overall story arc at the moment, because the original doesn't quite work as well -- in order for the giants to maraud into Khorvaire would require some serious naval strength, plus the whole G-D-Q story arc needs to be decoupled with new masterminds and such...

If there is enough interest to flesh out 6 or 7 PC's with alternates, I will probably open up a recruitment thread.

Rhun

First Post
s@squ@tch said:
I have my hands on a 3.0e conversion which is a good starting point for the conversion to 3.5 and to Eberron.

The coversion documents in the EN World Conversion Library are fairly well done, though I don't know if they are 3.0 or 3.5. You may want to check them out if they aren't the ones you already have.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
I'd be in. Are goliaths possible in the Eberron setting? If so, they've got a nice racial hate-on for giants (what with the constant enslavement), and they're well suited to the role of heavy hitter and point-man. I'd probably roll a Goliath barbarian, maybe with a level in the Liberator PrC (RS) to get Favored Enemy: Giant.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
For this I'd love to do a druid. I had this brutal shifter druid in another campaign I had to drop out of a year ago, and it'd be awesome to see her at higher levels against such fantastic foes.

Zurai

First Post
Man, I wanted to do the shifter druid I statted up for the Eldeen Reaches game I withdrew from :p I dunno what I'll propose now.

Remove ads