3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Dire Lemming

First Post
He looks paranoid to Anthony.

Anyway, I think we just have to clear up that it turns out the people who attacked you were not the ones that Anthony told your location, and that they in fact have not reached you yet. Meanwhile, the guys that did attack you did so before Anthony told the others your location. I say Anthony goes to have a slightly miffed breakfast, over at the other table and Sonata pesters him until he inadvertantly reveals something that makes it clear that his information could not have caused that attack. I know there are flaws with that, but that's all I've got at the moment.

Ambrus

Explorer
I don't think it's clear that those who attacked weren't tipped off to the party's location by the trio who met up with Anthony. Just because CR was running both encounters simultaneously doesn't mean they didn't in fact happen sequentially. There's no way to gauge the timing of events once the group split up with Anthony, so Anthony's initial encounter may have inadvertently led to the second encounter.

Either way, it doesn't really change anything that Anthony did; he still sold out the party and didn't bother to come and inform them of the thugs as soon as he might have. :\

Dire Lemming

First Post
The thing is, he was running both encounters simultaneously so there was no way to know that Anthony wouldn't just fight them. At the time that one of you first noticed those guys, Anthony had just thrown an angry Fhorge into the room with the other ones.

It also took him some time to get to Dinah's house, and he didn't go straight there. He also had enough time to almost fall asleep.

Finally, that Imp you killed could have easily reported back earlier, it was there when Anthony left.

Also, he did come as soon as he could. First thing in the morning, when it wasn't totally idiotic to try to go from the Hive to the Clerk's Ward with no one watching your back but a cowardly sensate.

Cage-Rattler

First Post
There's still a few ways for Istvan and Anthony to resolve their little spat; the suggestion I offered (via Cinder) is just one possibility. (Hopefully I didn't butcher his accent too much.) ;)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Well I think at this point Anthony really needs a reason to stay with the group. Given that the only person among them who has really talked to him at all was a total jerk to him he's developed bad opinions of all of them. Besides, if they had so much trouble with those three guys he told about them then they are obviously going to end up relying on him if they ever meet anything smarter and/or stronger. Finally, anything he has to do with them puts those he cares about in danger.

Ambrus

Explorer
If we're to keep playing this campaign, could we please figure out how we're going to deal with errant players? Neither Nac Mac Feegle or Zurai (István's two prime companions aside from Hagen) have posted in-game in over three weeks. Since Shayuri, Dire Lemming and Isida Kep'Tukari seem eager enough to keep playing perhaps we could create a party from their characters. I could play some other, less antagonistic, PC to join up with them. As is, this campaign seems to be floundering. :\

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Currently, I'm thinking that the thing to do at this point is to put this game on temporary hiatus. I have no intention of abandoning it (or the players, 'cause you folks have been great), but it may be good to take a little break and start it up again once the batteries are recharged (so to speak).

I've been offered an opportunity to do some work out of the country for a while, so I think it would be best for me to settle down over there and get into my routine before trying to juggle that stuff and this game, as well.

So, tentatively, I'd like to say I'll be back around mid to the end of May; and I'll pop back in the forums around that time to check on those of you who might be interested. In the meantime, I'll work and stream-lining some story elements, maybe tinkering with a few illustrations...making the game sexier overall.

Remove ads