3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Zurai

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
I don't have any problem with any of the various Primes. I don't know FR pretty much at all - among other things, does Heironeous exist?

No Heironeous in FR. Your best bet is probably Tyr (LG god of Justice; domains Good, Knowledge, Law, Patience, Pride, Retribution, Temperance, War; favored weapon longsword). It's a pretty straightforward translation.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
So I'm up for converting the Ordained Champion to FR, the basic flavor is this: Back before he had his final split with Heironeous, Hextor created the class, and now both of them use it to fight each other.

As such I could see either doing Tyr or switching it to a god of war.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Okiday, heeeeeeeeeeeeere's Pierce!

Pierce Spinecrusher
Female Spiker Fighter 5

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Patron Deity:
Home Plane: Acheron
Height: 4' 7''
Weight: 116lbs
Hair: Dark Bronze
Eyes: Steel Gray
XP: 10,000

Str: 18 (+4) [8 points, +1 level, +2 gauntlets]
Dex: 10 (+0) [2 points]
Con: 16 (+3) [10 points]
Int: 12 (+1) [4 points]
Wis: 14 (+2) [6 points]
Cha: 8 (-1) [0 points]

Class and Racial Abilities:
Extraplanar humanoid, 60 ft. darkvision, +1 natural armor, DR 2/bludgeoning, acid resistance 5, free Martial Weapon Proficiency with body spikes, natural spikes deal damage as per armor spikes. Max Dex of armor is reduced by one and ACP is worsened by 2. Bonus fighter feats, proficient with all simple and martial weapons, all armor and all shields.

Hit Dice: 5d10 + 3
VP: 47
WP: 16
DR: 2/bludgeoning, 4/-
AC: 19 (+5 armor, +3 shield, +0 Dex, +1 natural) [touch +10, flat-footed +19]
ACP: –8 [-7 from armor, -1 from shield]
Init: +0 (+0 Dex)
Speed: 30ft (20 ft. in armor)

Saves:
Fortitude +8[+4 base, +3 Con, +1 cloak]
Reflex +2[+1 base, +0 Dex, +1 cloak]
Will +4[+1 base, +2 Wis, +1 cloak]

BAB/Grapple: +5/+9
Melee Atk: +10 (1d6+3/P, armor spikes)
Melee Atk: +11 (1d6+6/P, +1 shield spikes)
Melee Atk: +10 (1d8+4/B, MW flail)
Ranged Atk: +5 (1d4+4/19-20/10 ft./P, dagger)

Skills:
Craft (weaponsmithing) +11 [8 ranks, +1 Int, +2 MW tools]
Craft (armorsmithing) +11 [8 ranks, +1 Int, +2 MW tools]
Intimidate +8 [8 ranks, +0 Cha]
Listen +2 [0 ranks, +2 Wis]
Spot +2 [0 ranks, +2 Wis]

Feats:
Power Attack (1st level)
Weapon Focus – body spikes (fighter bonus 1st level)
Weapon Focus – spiked shield (fighter bonus 2nd level)
Improved Shield Bash (3rd level)
Weapon Specialization – shield spikes (fighter bonus 4th level)

Languages: Common, Infernal

Equipment:
+1 full plate – 2,650gp
+1 heavy steel shield with +1 spikes – 1,170gp + 2,310gp
Gauntlets of ogre power – 4,000gp
Masterwork flail – 308gp
5 daggers – 10gp
Cloak of resistance +1 – 1,000gp
4 potions of cure light wounds – 1,200gp
Backpack – 2gp
Very nice portable folding cot (spike-proof) – 10gp
Belt pouch – 1gp
Traveler’s outfit – free
2 Explorer’s outfits – 20gp
MW armorsmith’s tools – 55gp
MW weaponsmith’s tool – 55gp

Money
209gp

Appearance: Slender and short for a spiker, no taller than most elves, Pierce gives the appearance of a slightly raw statue, perhaps something newly minted by a slightly sadistic mind. All metallic angles and points, her spikes show through gleaming full plate armor. Her dark bronze hair flows up and out of the top her helmet in a topknot, and she bears a heavy spiky shield on her left arm. Though she has a well-made flail at hand, she is rarely seen with it in her hand.

Background and Personality: Everyone comes to Acheron to find fighters. There are many of the planes who will fight, and many more that are bred to it, by nature and profession. But few that are born with it in their blood, who breathe it every day, who live it with each motion, whose very bodies are a testament to battle. My kin are some of those few. Spikers, kin of the bladelings, we live for the battle that comes from the crashing metal of Acheron.

Yet for all those that have hired my siblings and clan, I have yet to see outside my own world. My blades are sharp, my flail is heavy, my shield is thirsty for blood, but I was not chosen to walk with the war clans. Honor in battle is life, blood in battle is life, indeed, battle itself defines who we are. Why was I not chosen?

Uncertainty plagued me, was carried in every thrust and stop, every slash and swipe. It diminished me even as I grew stronger in my craft. How could I fail when I hadn't even begun?

It is said that hate in a warrior leans to reckless action, that desire would rob me of my edge, that curiosity only annoyed potential employers.

Yet I hate that I was not chosen. I desire to fight beyond the cube of my clan. And I am curious about those that have left and never returned.

I have broken from my sept and clan, I have finally journeyed away from Acheron, and I hope this Sigil, this Cage, holds the battle I seek. If I fail myself this time, at least I will have died trying.

My name is Pierce Spinecrusher, I am a spiker from the Infernal Battlefields of Acheron, and I am here to fight.

Cage-Rattler

First Post
Ambrus:
Please let me know if you figure out where you read it; now my Cager curiosity is piqued.
Aha, I found it! Unfortunately for me, I'll have to retract my earlier claims; my source is from the third party Brix's Guide to Sigil. I've just been using it for so long that I thought it was canon. Yeah, that's the ticket. :uhoh:

Zurai:
I was actually asking for a Bard specific Spell that is in the spells pdf on planewalker.
It's been a little while since I've taken a look at Planewalker's Spell List, but I'll check it out after I finish work this morning and get back to you.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Actually, it was me that said that. :heh: Also, I'm not sure what I'm getting from those dice rolls, my character sheet is a bit incomplete until you tell me.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Huzzah! I'm so glad I managed to get in... I was really looking forward to this game.

I apologize for not being around to post anything recently, but a number of things got in my way--friends, school, a rather nasty illness... I've got more free time later today, though, and I'll try to have more backstory and a character sheet for Cang Lao finished tonight.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Hm, I just noticed that the character generator that I'm using to keep track of my skill points retroactively added my the intelligence bonus I got from my level 4 increase to my skill points for 1st through 3rd. Is that supposed to happen or do I have 6 too many skill points now?

Hey, how are we going to communicate when they don't know Planer Trade? Will one of us cutters have to learn Faerunian Common? (Which I don't mind doing myself.)

Last edited:

Cage-Rattler

First Post
DireLemming:
Actually, it was me that said that.
I usually manage to catch it before I hit the "Submit" button, but I guess that slipped through. For some really weird reason, I keep getting you and Zurai confused; maybe you're each other's evil twin!
Anyway, yes, you're welcome to use Bard spells from the Planewalker source for your beguiler. Also: [sblock]Results for your Aasimar-Special-Abilities rolls: Electricity Resistance 5; Fire Resistance 5; Bless 1 / day cast at your Character Level; Calm Emotions 1 / day. These abilities replace the stock Aasimar Resistances and Daylight ability.[/sblock]

Also-also, increased skill points from level-based Intelligence boosts won't apply retroactively; but your intelligence-based skills will improve if your intelligence modifier increased.

Finally, we'll hand-wave the whole Prime / Planar language barrier for the sake of simplicity (and sanity). We can blame it on cross-planar culturalization, or the power of belief, or what-have-you.

Remove ads