• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3.5e Planescape - Cold Black Mask OOC Thread

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
This is really just a personal preference, but I've never felt myself that the 'Lawful' alignment corresponded to having a strict code of behavior. I'll admit freely that I have a tendency to work on the fly with regards to coming up with source material (i.e. the divine law I'd be working from), and so from an OOC perspective there's a chaotic aspect to Heinrich, but he would never see himself that way (because he, unlike me, has had those rules all along).

The other reason for the emphasis of 'Divine justice' as opposed to the laws of man is that in the short run (as I said in his personality) Heinrich is a pragmatist. He believes that letting the man go will perhaps aid his cause, and he also thinks that turning him over to this law (which Pierce implied would give punishment rather than demanding restitution) would not aid the cause of justice. While he arrives at the same conclusion as (say) Sindr, Heinrich reaches it from a different direction, and has a firm belief that in the long run, justice will prevail.

Zurai

First Post
Nac Mac Feegle said:
While he arrives at the same conclusion as (say) Sindr, Heinrich reaches it from a different direction, and has a firm belief that in the long run, justice will prevail.

Except that Sindr doesn't so much "arrive" at conclusions as he does run up to them, collide with them because he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, offer a sincere apology, and then immediately run off in a completely random direction.

:p

Scurry

First Post
Vervain does not arrive at conclusions. He's been waiting for the rest of you to catch up at the right one, all along. No, really. Would this bluff check - I mean, face - lie to you? :D

Cage-Rattler

First Post
For the sake of keeping things chugging along, I may just fast forward the next bit in "this is how things went down" IC post, so we can move to the next stage. If no one has any complaints, I'll do so sometime later tonight.

Remove ads