• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3 Magic Feats: Magical Weapon, Magic Manipulation, & Cantrip Master

jgsugden

Legend
What can I do to filter out True Strike and Blade Ward from becoming too powerful?
My suggestion above could be used: Specify a limited number of cantrips that can be used with the feat and exclude them from the list. Realistically, there are only a few cantrips that are a good choice here.

Phazonfish

B-Rank Agent
What can I do to filter out True Strike and Blade Ward from becoming too powerful?

Don't forget, True Strike doesn't give you advantage on your next attack, it gives you advantage on your first attack next turn. So it takes a round to kick in and you can lose concentration on it. Also, sources of advantage on attack rolls are plentiful, so I don't think free True Strike every turn is breaking anything any way. Free Blade Ward every turn is slightly more worrisome, but at least it only applies to physical damage from weapon attacks, and to be fair you are spending a cantrip selection, a feat selection, and your bonus action every turn so you should get a good benefit from it (so if you get this before level 12, you are delaying increasing your spell DC for this). A while back I made a topic asking what the worst spells out there are, and both of these made the list, so maybe giving them a chance to shine might not be so bad.

Remove ads