D&D 4E 4e Aquatic Beasties?

Logan_Bonner

First Post
There are all the aquatic combat rules you really need in the DMG. They're very simple. I'm working on an often-aquatic adventure for Dungeon right now (and I really mean right now). It contains mostly amphibious creatures, not aquatic-only (except for a couple of swarms...).

Aeolius

Adventurer
WotC_Logan said:
There are all the aquatic combat rules you really need in the DMG. They're very simple.

Works for me. I don't expect the DMG or MM to cater solely to folks who run subaqueous games anymore than I expect said books to be setting specific to FR and/or Eberron. A few rules and beasties to start, with a more specific supplement such as Stormwrack, to follow seems to be the trick.

Still, having a few water-breathing MM races available for PC use would be nice, but I can wait. The most important supplements for my game are Discovery's Blue Planet series on DVD and a saltwater reef aquarium. ;)

Aeolius

Adventurer
Aeolius said:
Still, having a few water-breathing MM races available for PC use would be nice, but I can wait.

Now that the 4e MM Table of Contents has been leaked, I guess I'll be waiting. :/

valeren

First Post
the list came out in the other thread. looks like the aboleth, chuul, sahuagin, kuo-toa are the sole water based creatures.

i was waiting for the more basic sharks and krakens but i guess i'd have to make my own.

so much work for a dm. :(

Remove ads