4e Battle of Good vs. Evil: Ice Archon & Co. vs. Eye Of Flame & Co.

Gansk

Explorer
According to VZ rules, Milly beats Daclaw.

Is that fair, or did you think that we disposed of the VZ rules since they are no longer necessary?

Last edited:

Infiniti2000

First Post
It's fair and I have no personal attachment to who wins, so I don't really care that much except that I was interested in seeing the battle continue for the battle's sake. I wasn't even paying attention to that, though.

Do you want to restart with the same, or different parameters? A couple of things I don't like is the idea of increasing combatants. At some point I was able to get 4 to your 3, which I think is unfair. Also, it doesn't seem like things could end, and I'm not sure they should. I wasn't trying to kill your guys off to "win", but only to keep them from reviving, which is an unexpected side effect of the rules.

Gansk

Explorer
Well, I didn't mean for VZ rules to end the whole thing - only Daclaw would get teleported out since he lost, the other guys stay and a spined devil would reinforce as the new leader after I take my turn.

We could take this opportunity to tweak the rules, though. The reason there is a four on three is because I'm playing it safe and not waiting for reinforcements. Things will end when all the monsters are used up - generals should start appearing in another 20 or 30 rounds.

Full revival requires a second wind, not a healing surge. To speed things up a bit, we could say unconscious creatures that have already used a second wind are teleported out immediately.

Gansk

Explorer
Oh, OK! Another idea I had was that if you want 3 on 3, Daclaw does not get reinforced because of the VZ loss. Pick another existing combatant as your leader. It's still 3 on 2 right now, but I get to reinforce two creatures once another one drops. I'll go ahead and take my turn. DJ had taken his second wind when he was dropped, so he is gone.

Round 30: Milly has 7 hp, nauseated & bloodied. Snoopy has 26 hp.

Milly shifts to 65N60E and bites. 6+11-2, miss.

Snoopy attacks Flart. 13+12, hit for 7 damage. 11+7 vs. Reflex, Flart is prone!

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: What does the "requires combat advantage" mean for the dire wolf?

Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 50hp, full
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 25hp, injured, prone
Ukemil (troglodyte bonecrusher): 42hp, injured

Hunter moves to 50n85e and fires an arrow at Snoopy, 5+10+2, misses.

Flart stands up, provoking an OA and stabs at Snoopy, 12+7+2, hits for 5+3 damage and Snoopy is marked. Flart uses up his AP to take another stab, 2+7+2 misses.

Ukemil clobbers Milly 11+14, hits for 4+4 damage. Milly is negative.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: I'm sorry, I didn't look carefully at the ability. Flart is standing up and can shift around if he wants to in round 30. Milly is teleported out.

Round 31: Snoopy has 18 hp, bloodied and marked.

Slim the shadar-kai chainfighter appears at 35N105E and attacks Hunter. 12+11, hit for 7 damage.

Snoopy takes a second wind, then takes an AP to charge Hunter at 30N90E. That triggers an OA, but not a reactive shift from Flart. 17+12+2-2+1, hit for 9 damage. Now he can do his little trick, 20+7+2-2+1, Hunter is prone!

Frosty the chillborn zombie and new leader will appear at 55N60E and swing at Ukemil. 15+14, hit for 7 damage. 17+9 vs. Fort, Ukemil is immobilized and will take 2 cold damage on his turn.

Snoopy: 29 hp.
Slim: 54 hp.
Frosty: 48 hp.

Infiniti2000

First Post
OOC: You seem to have missed Hunter's movement to get to a "flanking" position on Snoop-Dogg. I'm still not sure how I feel about flanking with a ranged weapon, btw. I'll put Slim at 55n90e and Snoop at 40n75e.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Flart OA is a 17+7, hits for 2+3 damage.

Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 34hp, injured, prone
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 25hp, injured
Ukemil (troglodyte bonecrusher): 33hp, immobilized (took 2 cold)

Hunter takes a second wind, healing up to 46 and gaining +2 on defenses. He then switches weapons and stands up, provoking OA from both opponents. He then burns an AP to attack Snoopy, 3+9 misses.

Flart moves to 50n70e and attacks Snoopy, 9+7 misses!

Ukemil farts, 10+9 vs. Fort and Frosty mostly ignores the stench. Ukemil then clobbers Frosty, 11+14 hits for 2+4 damage.

Bad Guys:
Hunter (gnoll huntmaster, leader): 46hp, injured (awaiting two OA)
Flart (kobold dragonshield): 25hp, injured
Ukemil (troglodyte bonecrusher): 33hp, immobilized

Gansk

Explorer
OOC: The flanking with ranged weapons is supposedly a real 4e rule, not a house rule. OA's with ranged weapons is a house rule.

The new positions cause Hunter and Snoopy to be included in Frosty's cold aura. Frosty resists 10 weapon damage, so he takes no damage from Ukemil. I assume resist only works against the first attack every round, otherwise DR 10/- is way too powerful for a level 6 creature.

OA from Snoopy: 6+12+2-2, miss. OA from Slim: 20+11+2, crit for 11 damage! Hunter has 33 hp after taking the cold damage.

Round 32: Snoopy has 27 hp after taking 2 cold. Slim has 54 hp. Frosty has 48 hp.

Slim makes a Dance of Death to 60N70E, using reach to attack Flart and Ukemil. Then he moves to 55N80E, looping around to stay away from Flart.
Attack on Hunter: 1+11, miss.
Attack on Flart: 12+11, hit for 10+2 necrotic damage.
Attack on Ukemil: 11+11, hit for 6+5 necrotic damage.

Snoopy will attack Hunter, staying put because he hates when Flart shifts. 3+12+2, miss.

Frosty will slam Ukemil, 16+14, hit for 10+5 cold damage. 15+9 vs. Fort, Ukemil is still immobilized. Everyone takes 2 cold damage at the start of their turns.

Remove ads