• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Combat Tracker Utility

I've just discovered this famtastic tool.

However I've also discovered that it only seems to work for older Character Builder sheets. More recent sheets don't include HP, saves, Initiative etc.

Has the output of the Character Builder files changed, or am I doing something stupid?

fuzzlewump

First Post
Great program, of course.

The new update to Adventure Tools (that puts every monster in the new format introduced in MM3) makes this program incompatible with the rich text of any monster with the new format. "DarkSir," a contributor is working on fixing that issue if he can find the time.

If you depend on this program, like I do, don't update your adventure tools until the fix is up and confirmed!

http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/DnD4eCM#Version_1.6.1a

BlindGeekUK

First Post
I just downloaded it and found the same problem as Carlos. I use VB 2005 at work so downloaded and hacked the source to work in that dev studio. From my testing, the problem is that the monster powers are no longer terminated with the # symbol that the code looks for. I've built my own fix for this, and for various other tweaks to make it run really nicely on a umpc.

I'm handling the moster powers as:

ElseIf sType = "" Then
' Type/Size/Keywords
sType = line
'ElseIf line.Trim.EndsWith("#") Or line.ToLower.Trim.StartsWith("aura") Then
' ' Power Detail Line
' If PowerList.Count > 0 Then
' PowerList.Item(PowerList.Count - 1).Power_DetailImport(line)
' End If
Else
' First line of power - create
Select Case line
Case "Traits", "Move Actions", "Standard Actions", "Minor Actions", "Free Actions", "Triggered Actions", "Other Powers"
sLastType = line
Case Else
If sLastType = "Senses" Then
If sSenses <> "" Then sSenses = sSenses & ", "
sSenses = sSenses & line
Else
If line.ToLower.Trim.StartsWith("@") Then
PowerList.Add(New Power(line, sLastType))
itraitcount = 1
Else
If PowerList.Count = 0 Then
itraitcount = 1
Else
If itraitcount >= 2 Then
If line.ToLower.Contains("effect:") Or line.ToLower.Contains("attack:") Or _
line.ToLower.Contains("miss:") Or line.ToLower.Contains("hit:") Or line.ToLower.Contains("vs.") Then
PowerList.Item(PowerList.Count - 1).Power_DetailImport(line)
itraitcount = itraitcount + 1
Else
itraitcount = 1
End If
Else
PowerList.Item(PowerList.Count - 1).Power_DetailImport(line)
itraitcount = itraitcount + 1
End If
End If
End If
End If
End Select
End If

In aproximate order:

Yay Mort (for building this fine thing).

Yay Darksir! (he fixed the Character builder issue here)

Boo Wizards! (And boo me): after downloading DarkSir's update and confirming that it fixed the Character Builder issue, I updated my Adventure Tools before checking back here and... broke the monster import. Aargh!

Yay BlindSir for working on this latest fix in any spare time he has, and yay BlindgeekUK for his fix.

Boo me (again) for not undertanding word one of Blindgeek's code, or what to do with it. Someone please take pity on a hapless non-programmer, and compile this into an .exe that a luddite like me can use. I promise not to download any more Wizards updates!

Seriously, many thanks for all those involved in creating and updating this great tool, it's much appreciated.

bryanlo

First Post
I just downloaded it and found the same problem as Carlos. I use VB 2005 at work so downloaded and hacked the source to work in that dev studio. From my testing, the problem is that the monster powers are no longer terminated with the # symbol that the code looks for. I've built my own fix for this, and for various other tweaks to make it run really nicely on a umpc.

Anyway you can release a new executable, or how can I include your fix into my own copy? Am hoping to use it this weekend for a one-shot for some new players.

DarkSir

First Post
I've posted an update to the Combat Manager on the wiki, and left instructions for how to let me know if anything doesn't work. I've found one bug (Vuln is getting stuck with Resist in some cases) that I will correct in a 1.6.1c -- But if any other monster abilities or bits aren't importing, I just need to know which monsters, so I can make corrections for a bit of the template that I didn't know about.

DarkSir

First Post
Version 1.6.1c has been posted. It can be found here: http://wiki.rpg.net/index.php/DnD4eCM

* Fixed a Monster Builder import glitch with monsters who had non-aura Traits.
* Added "Mark Until Source's Next Turn" to the context menu for the combatant list.
* Reformatted the combatant list so the numbers are appended a bit more uniformly. Example "Hill Giant-1" is now "Hill Giant - 01" . This will keep large numbers of monsters from being sorted improperly, if there are 10 or more of them.
* Recharge powers now show up with the dice symbols, rather than "Recharge 4" or "Recharge 6".

These were a couple of features that I've either wanted, or seen people request. Still on the lookout for monsters that fail to import properly. So far, so good.

Remove ads