• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E conversations

stevelabny

Explorer
I know this has probably been brought up before, but I don't read the Meta forum as often as I should, so just in case it hasn't

Can we make 4e conversation a ban-able offense?

Please?

At least a nice scolding and temporary ban.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Sorry, I don't see that happening. Speculation and joking has been allowed. Giving them their own sub-forum is more plausible (a converse to the Conversions sub-forum?), and would make it easier for you to look over them, though.

Psychic Warrior

First Post
stevelabny said:
I know this has probably been brought up before, but I don't read the Meta forum as often as I should, so just in case it hasn't

Please?

or you could....I dunno... not read the thread?

I know, I know terribly radical idea and all that.

Henry

Autoexreginated
If I weren't an Admin, I'd leave them alone, myself. :)

However, we haven't seen any harm (other than the occasional someone being snippy) so they're "free range." :)

the Jester

Legend
stevelabny said:

Please?

Why?

stevelabny

Explorer
Well apparently nobody agrees with me so it doesnt matter, but why?

Because not only are they silly and irritating, but theyre also irresponsible and potentially damaging. Some of the 4E posts are serious, and every time some naive newcomer reads one and believes it, it creates unnecessary and undeserved animosity towards WOTC.

Now you can argue, and you'd be right, that anyone who believes the 4e nonsense and flips out about it, and starts boycotting products is a bit on the stupid side, BUT why encourage them? For the sake of "d&d" its better to not cause problems by spreading silly rumors and speculaton.

They just seem to be the kind of threads that offer a whole lot less than the trouble they cause, and the kind of thing that the denizens of this board tend to say that they cant stand on the WOTC boards.

So that's what I was thinking. Since you asked. I will now go back to my regularly scheduled nonsense posting elsewhere. :D

Catavarie

First Post
Well personally I don't know a single gamer that would take news from a message board as gospel without also checking the wotc site for further information. Now that being said I will say that I realize that their are people out there that would do this sort of thing. But still IMO i wouldn't be motivated to want to play with these types of people, thtas just my preference. And if people want to believe what some random person posts on a message board as the complete truth then by god let them. After all Truth is nothing more than one's own perception of events.

Knight Otu

First Post
I actually agree with Steve here. I have mostly stopped reading these threads, but even so they are irritating. It's almost like saying "C'mon, put it out already so we can really be angry." It has come to the point where well-known industry members appear to have entered the rumour mill themselves - and that gives the threads more weight than they should have, IMHO.

I mean, 4th edition is more or less inevitable. But the product lineup doesn't appear to support a very early release at this point. Yet, every little bit that supports the "4th Edition tomorrow" mindset is blown up as unrefutable proof.

Well, I try to avoid the threads, but otherwise take it with some humor. In another thread, I mentioned how Wizards have put up a Countdown to 9th Edition on their website. That's true, they did. ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads