D&D 4E 4E Essentials Dungeon Tiles Master Set The Dungeon tile photos

Positronica

First Post
As someone who owns every single Dungeon Tiles set to date, I can confirm that all of these are reprints from previous sets.

Thanks a ton, thalmin! My OCD need to own all the Dungeon Tiles almost made me buy this, and I'm glad it didn't since I have at least 2 copies of all these tiles.

There not all reprints. Just off the top of my head... Here's the tiles I see that are new...

1x1 with some sort of blue symbol on it
3x3 floor (x2)
5x5 magic circle
4x8 with 2 sarcophagi
2x8 with semi-circle niches
2x8 with 4 beads
2x8 with 4 bookshelves
8x8 with 4 coffins (The version in Hidden Crypts is 8x10)

Some of the rubble piles also look like they might be new artwork. The 4x8 water pool is technically new, too. The original in Arcane Corridors had a reddish tinted dungeon floor that was used in DT1 and DT2, while the new one here uses the blue tinted dungeon floor that's been used from DT3 onwards. Its possible that a couple more of the 1x1 tiles are new, too, but I can't be certain due to the resolution of the photo.

ObsidianCrane

First Post
I'll be buying it and then combining my old copies of the tiles with it in the box and designing my encounters around it (and the eventual Streets and Wilderness sets). Gives me both ease of transport and ease of design.

The Little Raven

First Post
There not all reprints. Just off the top of my head... Here's the tiles I see that are new...

There are a few size changes and different front-back, but otherwise, almost all graphics are already represented in previous sets.

1x1 with some sort of blue symbol on it

Water container with a monster statue on the opposite side. Not new.

3x3 floor (x2)

Size changes to the fire swirl/pit, with generic floor tiles on the back.

5x5 magic circle

Size change.

4x8 with 2 sarcophagi

This is actually a new one, though I believe I've seen the graphic on DDM stuff before.

2x8 with semi-circle niches

Size change.

2x8 with 4 beads

There are two 2x8 tiles that I see. One is the bookshelves, the other a chasm. On their back side is plain floor tiles. Where is the bead one you're talking about?

2x8 with 4 bookshelves

Not new. Not even resized.

8x8 with 4 coffins (The version in Hidden Crypts is 8x10)

Size change.

Some of the rubble piles also look like they might be new artwork. The 4x8 water pool is technically new, too. The original in Arcane Corridors had a reddish tinted dungeon floor that was used in DT1 and DT2, while the new one here uses the blue tinted dungeon floor that's been used from DT3 onwards. Its possible that a couple more of the 1x1 tiles are new, too, but I can't be certain due to the resolution of the photo.

None of these are new.

So, it looks like there is 1 new tile (technically, only 1 new size), and there's about a half-dozen size changes to existing tile graphics.

Positronica

First Post
There are a few size changes and different front-back, but otherwise, almost all graphics are already represented in previous sets.

Water container with a monster statue on the opposite side. Not new.

I wasn't talking about that one. Look at the bottom left sheet in the second photo. There's a 1x1 tile on that sheet that has some sort of blue square pattern on it. The tile is black on the reverse.

This is actually a new one, though I believe I've seen the graphic on DDM stuff before.

The sarcophagus artwork is from DT7, but in that set, it was a 2x2 piece.

There are two 2x8 tiles that I see. One is the bookshelves, the other a chasm. On their back side is plain floor tiles. Where is the bead one you're talking about?

Sorry, I meant beds, not "beads". There's a 2x8 tile with 4 beds on it. Its on the second from the right sheet in the bottom row in the second photo.

None of these are new.

So, it looks like there is 1 new tile (technically, only 1 new size), and there's about a half-dozen size changes to existing tile graphics.

Correct, but the point is there's a handful of tiles in there that aren't straight reprints of previous tiles. For someone who already has multiple copies of every previous set, this set might have limited use, but some of the pieces in it will still be handy. The 2x8 tile with the beds on it for example, could only be recreated by having purchased 4 copies of DT7, and the 3x3 and 5x5 tiles provide a few more options for constructing odd sized rooms without having to string a bunch of smaller tiles together.

Thanee

First Post
So far, I have only bought one set (mostly to see, whether it is purely stuff from the old sets), maybe I will get another, but that will certainly be enough.

While it makes sense to reuse the old tiles, it does seem a little cheap from WotC. ;)

Bye
Thanee

P.S. In case you have missed the old photo thread and want to see the content of the previous 14 sets, check the link below. :)

darjr

I crit!
slyflourish put up a nice video review.

the best part was the sticky tack bit. loved how he was swinging that board around the the tiles didn't move. For some reason I kept thinking that doing something like that would have been to cumbersome but that looked cool.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTmlmpvOcmo]YouTube - D&D Dungeon Tile Master Set Review and Tips[/ame]

Remove ads