• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] Etene - OOC Thread

Lineov

First Post
RECURITING IS NOW CLOSED. WILL POST LATER TONIGHT FOR WHO IS SELECTED. I HAVEN'T HAD TIME TO GO OVER CHARACTER SHEETS BECAUSE OF CLASS WORK, BUT IT WILL BE LATER TODAY/TONIGHT

Hey all,

Looking to start a 4e D&D game revolving around a homebrew setting I've begun to develop. As you play you'll probably help develop it yourselves.

Looking for:
4-6 characters
Standard Point Buy
allowing PHB 1&2
Martial, Arcane Power
Forgotten Realms
Adventurer's Vault
Level 1
Standard Gold -- You may start with a granted Level 1 magical item.
Please have some sort of background as well, this will not be merely a hack n' slash.

This may be rocky, It's not fully developed if you have questions please ask.

Tagline: [FONT=&quot]Etene (et-an-A) is a world in chaos. Some time ago, several doorways, or portals, for lack of a better word, opened up between various planes of existence and Etene. Few people know how why or where these portals came from, however they only help to serve curiosity of the majority of the populace. When other non-violent beings came through there was no problem however, the portals are now heavily guarded because various monsters have appeared and while the monsters that come out have been killed swiftly on sight. It is through these portals that the adventurers whom make up the party have arrived. For what purpose, is unknown, but it appears that they are now stuck here by some unknown twist of fate. [/FONT]

The campaign opening will be sort of rocky as you all kinda...drop in on one another... not quite sure where you are at.

...aaaannnnd GO!

I've begun to go over character sheets
Koehro, Warden.......Complete
Fym Voldorn, Cleric.......need CS posted
Cyrus Du'Caine, Bard..... Complete
Al-har, Barbarian.....Complete
Ronen, Avenger......Complete, please post languages
Baern, Invoker....Complete
Wil, Bard .......No Grievances, please post languages, granted magic item, and background.
Gaaki, Rogue ..... Complete
Quinn, Druid... Reduce Fort and Will by 1 each. (Please fix before joining)
Scorbie, Sorcerer.... 1st alternate
Slim Stonehand, Shaman...Points still off by 1 over

Here is your cast of characters, sorry about leaving people out but that's the problem with being a DM. Scorbie, you will be listed as first alternate as your storyline has to do with already being in Etene. I expect posts within roughly 48-72 hours. We will continue to use this thread as the OOC Thread for this campaign. Happy traveling!

Last edited:

Korthala

First Post
Sounds like an interesting campaign, sign me up.

I'd like to play a sorceror, if possible.

Edited to add: where (and in what format) would you like a character sheet?

Last edited:

blaizedm

First Post
I'd be interested in joining, would probably be playing a warden. I'll upload a sheet later tonight or tomorrow.

edit:
[sblock=Koehro]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Koehro Maerne, level 1
Half-Elf, Warden
Guardian Might: Earthstrength
Background: Dalelands

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 19, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10.

Starting Ability Scores
Str 16, Con 17, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8.

AC: 17 Fort: 15 Reflex: 10 Will: 11
HP: 36 Surges: 13 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature, Endurance, Athletics, Perception.

FEATS
1: Sudden Roots

POWERS
1, At-Will: Weight of Earth
1, At-Will: Thorn Strike
1, Encounter: Thunder Ram Assault
1, Daily: Form of the Fearsome Ram
1, Encounter: Thorn Whip

ITEMS
Hide Armor, Longsword, Heavy Shield, Adventurer's Kit, Magic Staff +1
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======[/sblock]

edit again - changed an at-will and the half-elf granted encounter power

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Sounds very interesting. I will post a character a bit later, most likely a halfling sorcerer.

Edit:
Sounds like an interesting campaign, sign me up.

I'd like to play a sorceror, if possible.

Edited to add: where (and in what format) would you like a character sheet?

Hm, will think about another class.

Last edited:

biotech66

Explorer
Character Name:Fym Voldorn
Character Race/Sex: Half-Elf Male
Class/Paragon Path/Epic Destiny:Cleric/Polearm Master/ Revered One - if you allow hybrid classes I would go Cleric/fighter
Primary Focus: The character focus on healing his friends and creating an area where people cant get through by focusing polearm feats and pushing/knocking over the enemies.
Secondary Focus: Back up role would be some ranged and rituals
Alternate Character: I would be willing to make a back up, Ive got a few ideas. I would like to see what you are missing.

Description(including mannerisms and possible quirks): Fym is strong for an Elf but much smellier then an elf. Hes very grubby and wears beat up old leather and chainmail. From head to toe hes covered in dirt, but he caries a meticulous clean halberd. For a cleric he doesnt speak with much love of the gods and is often confused as an atheist. He's known for helping out the common person when hes in town by working in the field. Not one to take money, he like to take a good meal and a place to sleep.

Background: Fym was a veteran of the war with the Many-Arrows in the West. Back then he was a clean cut disciplined dyed in the wool Cleric of the Gods. Over time though he slowly began to doubt he was on the right path. He spent much time on the battle field watching people die and wondering if the Gods even cared about the people. One the battle field, Fym was often part of the guard responsible to covering the retreat. He saw who was left behind and watch many of his friends drop to holds of inhuman monsters. When Fym returned home after years of travel, he saw his family had been cut down by monsters. This was the last straw. After years of service to the Gods, he finely believed they really didn't care. He abandoned everything he once was and became a wanderer. No longer caring for his church or the army, Fym picked a direction and walked hoping to do some good in the world as the gods would not.

On a side note, This is my first time trying PbP. I am very interesting in it, but may need some help with how things are supposed to go. I think I've got a good handle on the 4e rules, but that nuances of PbP may need a bit of explanation.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Seems like a very fair game to throw my helmet in.
I could go with a human druid, posibly linking my background with Blaizedm's warden, if it's ok.

Lineov

First Post
@Korthala: CS's can be added on this thread, the IC thread, once PC's are chosen will have links to those characters in this thread.

Calite from WotC has a really nice format, try and keep it close to this

[sblock=Character Format <name>, <Race>, <Class>]Paragon Path: , Epic Destiny:
Class Feature:
Background: <Type> <Details> (<Benefit>)

Str <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Con <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Dex <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Int <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Wis <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Cha <value> <bonus> <bonus +1/2 level>
Starting Ability Scores: Str 10, Con 11, Dex 14, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 8.

AC:
Fort:
Reflex:
Will:
HP: Surges: Surge Value:

Trained Skills:
<Skill Name> <bonus>

Other Skills of Note:
(Include skills you have a bonus to that are not trained, and Insight and Perception if they are not trained.)
<Skill Name> <bonus>

Feats:
(please list sourcebook)
H: (if human bonus feat)
1:

At-Will Powers
(Include At-Will Utilities, Class Features, and Item Powers)

Encounter Powers:
(Include Level of Power)
(Include Encounter Utilities, Class Features and Item Powers)
(For level 13 & 17 powers include - (replaces <Power Name>))

Daily Powers:
(Include Level of Power)
(Include Daily Utilities and Class Features, and Item Powers)
(For level 15 & 19 powers include - (replaces <Power Name>))

Granted Items:

Purchased Items:

Granted Rituals:

Purchased Rituals:[/sblock]

It doesn't have to be perfectly like this, but it's a nice template.
Specially for those of us who don't have the CB beyond 1st level
the CB version is fine too.

@blaizedm: CS under review, can't wait for background!

@Walking Dad: Will be waiting... will your work problems (posted on a different thread) be an intereference to this?

@biotech66: welcome to the world of PbP. Interesting... a fallen cleric... I do allow multiclassing as per the rules listed in the PHB's. You'll catch on really quickly, to the differences between PbP and tabletop. It should be noted that PbP's move really slowly though I try and keep things pretty up to pace.

@Voda Vosa: kewl... welcome.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
I'd be very interested as well :) Most likely a striker of some kind, either ranger or avenger. Swordmage or Bard is a possibility as well, depending on whether we need another defender or leader or not.

Keia

EDIT: Looks like a deficiency in leaders so I will go the Bard route. Hopefully this is subject to change when the Arcane Power book comes out next week

[sblock=Character Format: Cyrus Du’Caine, Half-elven, Bard]
Paragon Path: Unknown
Epic Destiny: Unknown
Class Feature: Cunning Bard (Virtue of Cunning)
Background: Regional: Balder’s Gate <+2 streetwise, +1 language>
Languages: Common, Elven, Draconic, Dwarven

Str: 10 (+0) [+0]
Con: 10 (+0) [+0]
Dex: 12 (+1) [+1]
Int: 16 (+3) [+3]
Wis: 12 (+1) [+1]
Cha: 18 (+4) [+4]

Starting Ability Scores: Str 10, Con 10, Dex 12, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 18.

A C : 17 [Base 10 + level 0 + Int 3 + Armor 3 + Shield 1]
Fort: 10 [Base 10 + level 0 + Con 0 + racial 0 + class 0]
Refl: 15 [Base 10 + level 0 + Int 3 + racial 0 + class 1 + Shield 1]
Will: 15 [Base 10 + level 0 + Cha 4 + racial 0 + class 1]

HP: 22 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 5

Trained Skills:
Code:
Acrobatics:   [b]+ 4[/b] [Level 0 + Dex 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Arcana:       [B]+ 8[/B] [level 0 + Int 3 + training 5] 
Athletics:    [b]+ 3[/b] [level 0 + Str 0 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Bluff:        [B]+ 9[/B] [level 0 + Cha 4 + training 5]
Diplomacy:    [b]+11[/b] [level 0 + Cha 4 + training 5 + Racial 2]
Dungeonering: [b]+ 4[/b] [level 0 + Wis 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Endurance:    [b]+ 3[/b] [level 0 + Con 0 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Heal:         [b]+ 4[/b] [level 0 + Wis 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
History:      [B]+ 6[/B] [level 0 + Int 3 + Class 1 + Feat 2] 
Insight:      [b]+ 6[/b] [level 0 + Wis 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2 + Racial 2]
Intimidate:   [b]+ 7[/b] [level 0 + Cha 4 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Nature:       [b]+ 4[/b] [level 0 + Wis 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Perception:   [b]+ 6[/b] [level 0 + Wis 1 + training 5]
Religion:     [B]+ 6[/B] [level 0 + Int 3 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Stealth:      [b]+ 5[/b] [level 0 + Dex 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]
Streetwise:   [B]+11[/B] [level 0 + Cha 4 + training 5 + background 2]
Thievery:     [b]+ 4[/b] [level 0 + Dex 1 + Class 1 + Feat 2]

Feats:
[1st] Jack of Trades [PHB I]

At-Will Powers
Misdirected Mark
Jinx Shot (Arcane Power p. 6)

Encounter Powers:
Eldritch Blast [1st] (Dilettante ability)
Majestic Word (class ability) (x2)
Words of Friendship (class ability)
Firemetal Shot [1st] (Arcane Power p.7)

Daily Powers:
Saga of Rivalry [1st] (Arcane Power p.7)

Granted Items:
Ritual Book

Purchased Items:
Hide Armor 30 gp. (25 lbs)
Light shield 5 gp. (6 lbs)
Longbow 30 gps (3 lbs) <----Magic Longbow +1
- Arrows 60 – 2 gps (6 lbs)
Longsword 15 gp (4 lbs)
Standard Adventurers Kit 15 gp (33 lbs.)
- Backpack (empty) 2 gp 2 lb.
- Bedroll 1 sp 5 lb.
- Flint and steel 1 gp —
- Pouch, belt (empty) 1 gp 1/2 lb.
- Rations, trail (10 days) 5 gp 10 lb.
- Rope, hempen (50 ft.) 1 gp 10 lb.
- Sunrods (2) 4 gp 2 lb.
- Waterskin 1 gp 4 lb.

Money
3 gp

Granted Rituals:
Glib Limerick
Unseen Servant

Purchased Rituals:

Racial Traits: +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, Vision: Low-light, Languages: Common, Elven, choice of one other, Skill Bonuses: +2 Diplomacy, +2 Insight
Dilettante: At 1st level, you choose a 1st-level at-will attack power from a class different from yours. You can use that power as an encounter power.
Dual Heritage: You can take feats that have either elf or human as a prerequisite (as well as those specifically for half-elves), as long as you meet any other requirements.
Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.

Class Traits: Power Source: Arcane. Armor Proficiencies: Cloth, leather, hide, chainmail; light shield. Weapon Proficiencies: Simple melee, longsword, scimitar, short sword, simple ranged, military ranged. Implements: Wands. Class Features: Bardic Training, Bardic Virtue, majestic word, Multiclass Versatility, Skill Versatility, Song of Rest, words of friendship

Background: Cyrus travelled a lot, and with good reason. He was an outsider to both sides of his family, his human and elven sides. The elves looked down on him . . . and by the time he visited his human parents, they were already dead. So he travelled, wandering from one town to the next, using his skills of the street and of the tongue. He gathered stories in, sang for his room and rum, and romanced whoever sparked his interest. The young elf didn't have a woman in every town . . . but it was close.

Unfortunately, Cyrus stumbled through a portal that appeared before him before he could even make a single step to get out of the way . . . now he was someplace different, someplace far from his homeland and the bustling streets of his birthplace, Balder's Gate.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I am not in any games currently, and would like to be considered. I'll put in a pitch later today.

Thanks!

Kobold Stew.

Remove ads