• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E [4E] Free Adventure

Totte

First Post
Yeah, good point.
I collect all good points you have on Logging in the Twin Valley , and I will try ways to add them in the next adventure I'm working on, for a party of 4 level 4-5 characters (they level fast in 4E). The next adventure have the working title A Sage Tale.

Partly directed to "Frostmarrow", as he also lives in Sweden:
I did back in the early-mid 80s co-author two adventures for the Swedish game publisher Äventyrsspel, "I Reptilmännnens Klor" for Mutant, and "Rösten Från Forntiden" for DoD Expert, both were the first adventures released for each game.

Maybe you have played them? Even have the same play testers (some of them anyway), except Jesper, who wasn't even thought of at that time, heis my son, and have played RPGs 10 of his 16 years ;-)

talm

First Post
Playtesting

I am an oldtimer, father of Totte, and I introduced wargaming in Sweden back in 1974. I personally like the 4E system, the reduction of skills by combining related skills into one, like all Thievery skills. Once I bought the very first D&D and AD&D books.
Playing a Dragonborn Paladin, intimidate was very natural.
Why kill if you could tell the guy to just leave, and he does?

Kespar

First Post
Why kill if you could tell the guy to just leave, and he does?
Shyy, don't spoil the adventure grandfather...

I wish I coud have helped Totte more with the adventure before we playtested it but it was hard for him to not spoil it for me
and still get good answers to his questions about monster balance and encounter building.
I am a much better rule rider than him ;).

I hope your liked it.

A third generation table top player has spoken :)

WampusCat43

Explorer
If you'd post the text in a Word (or similar) document, I'll try to go through it and suggest fixes for some of the typos and verb tense problems. Outstanding quality overall.

Totte

First Post
If you'd post the text in a Word (or similar) document...
Thank you. It's written using Pages, but I can export to MSWord and several other document formats.

Btw, perfect timing, as I was thinking of adding two questcards (as suggested above), and one or two skill challenges.

removed links...

You can email me using totte {at} code66.se (was not that hard to figure out anyway)

Thanks again!

/ Totte

Last edited:

Frostmarrow

First Post
Yeah, good point.
I collect all good points you have on Logging in the Twin Valley , and I will try ways to add them in the next adventure I'm working on, for a party of 4 level 4-5 characters (they level fast in 4E). The next adventure have the working title A Sage Tale.

Partly directed to "Frostmarrow", as he also lives in Sweden:
I did back in the early-mid 80s co-author two adventures for the Swedish game publisher Äventyrsspel, "I Reptilmännnens Klor" for Mutant, and "Rösten Från Forntiden" for DoD Expert, both were the first adventures released for each game.

Maybe you have played them? Even have the same play testers (some of them anyway), except Jesper, who wasn't even thought of at that time, heis my son, and have played RPGs 10 of his 16 years ;-)

I remember reading an interview with the author of Reptilmännen on mutant.nu and sure enough that was you! Welcome to ENWorld. I haven't played Reptilmännen but Mutant was my first game 24 years ago. Tempus fugit.

Totte

First Post
I remember reading an interview with the author of Reptilmännen on mutant.nu and sure enough that was you! Welcome to ENWorld. I haven't played Reptilmännen but Mutant was my first game 24 years ago. Tempus fugit.
Ha, I was more than a little surpriced when that reporter called me hoping he found the author of "Reptilmännen", I never understood it had such a large fan base that the new guys who took over Mutant would like to have an interview on their webpage with me ;-)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads