[4e] IG's The Witchlight Strand [OOC]

Korash

First Post
Yeah, I figured. in fact I think you told me that some time ago. I am just giving warning that that is one of the directions Vatan is heading. I just need to find that power and what ever prereqs I need for it....

Is there anything else I need to give you for updating Vatan?

industrygothica

Adventurer
Yeah, I figured. in fact I think you told me that some time ago. I am just giving warning that that is one of the directions Vatan is heading. I just need to find that power and what ever prereqs I need for it....

Is there anything else I need to give you for updating Vatan?

Looking a bit at your character...

Acrobatics is not a class skill for the fighter, thus not trainable. I'd suggest Endurance instead.

If you swap out Fighter Talents from One-Handed Weapon Talent to Tempest Technique, you get Two-Weapon Defense for free.
[sblock=Tempest Technique] When you wield two melee weapos, you gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with weapons that have the offhand property. You gain Two-Weapon Defense as a bonus feat, even if you don't meet the prerequisites.
When wearing light armor or chainmail, you gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls with melee and close weapon attacks when you are wielsing two weapons. This bonus increases to +2 with weapons that have the off-hand property.[/sblock]

The Dual Strike at-will power will allow you to make two attacks, one with each weapon. You'd have to replace one of your current at-will powers, but it sounds like exactly what you're looking for.

I'll allow you to make any or all of these changes now, if you choose (replacing Acrobatics with a class skill is a must, unless someone shows me where I'm wrong, which is also welcome). Should you choose Tempest Technique, you'll need to pick a different 2nd level feat, since you'll get your current choice for free.

Korash

First Post
Okay, go with all that. Not sure why the builder let me have Acrobatics then...but I cant find it in the PDF. Add Weapon Focus - heavy blade as the new feat. Did think of getting the Skill Training feat though....

can you give me the references for the Tempest build and talent?

Thanks IG

industrygothica

Adventurer
Tempest Technique is from Martial Power

I figured out that you got the skill training in Acrobatics from the Mariner background, so I kept that for you.

Here's the pdf.

Attachments

• Vatan 2.pdf
    338.4 KB · Views: 129

Korash

First Post
Thanks IG

I AM glad to keep the Acrobatics. It helps with the swashbuckler type image I have of Vatan....I know that others might not see him that way though....but that wouldn't be the first time that someone's self image does not match how others may see them. ;)

Korash

First Post
IG (or anyone who knows...), I do not have Martial Power, and looking at the new build of Vatan I am a bit confused...(not a new situation ...)

The character sheet says under Tempest Technique that he gets +1 attack with offhand weapons, and I have the Dual Strike at will power that allows for a secondary attack on a second opponent (other than the original).

No problem there.

The confusion is...Can I use the offhand weapon in a second basic melee attack against the same foe or only with the Dual Strike?

Shayuri

First Post
As I understand it, you only make offhand attacks when a power explicitly tells you to make an offhand attack.

So using Dual Strike, yes, you make one.

But if you just do an MBA on a foe, or using a power that doesn't mention an offhand strike, you don't get to hit him again for free with your offhand weapon. You get the usual +1 damage on your MBA for having the Two Weapon Attack feat or whatever it's called...but not a separate attack.

Korash

First Post
Thanks Shayuri, that IS what I thought, but wanted to make sure I was not reading the +1 Attack with Offhand wrong.

Thanks Muchly :)

Remove ads