[4e] IG's The Witchlight Strand [OOC]

Shayuri

First Post
Oh heck, I updated my local copy but now I think I may have forgotten to update my online sheet.

*slap head*

Lemme doublecheck.

jkason

First Post
Gah. I looked up changes, but hadn't gotten around to looking into DDI again to update the sheet properly. Now I have to track down those notes...

industrygothica

Adventurer
Still waiting on character updates from [MENTION=85988]Korash[/MENTION] and [MENTION=40793]Redrobes[/MENTION].

Will someone with DDI access mind generating a pdf for each PC? Then I'll add them to the first post of the RG thread for super-easy access.

Now is also a good time to talk about what we want to do next in the adventure.

Shayuri

First Post
Indeed!

We have some options, including just continuing on to the barbarians...OR trying to root out the source of the orc infestation. There's enough of them that what's probably happened is some charismatic leader has rolled through the area, gathering the little bandit groups together under his banner.

Take out that leader, and the group should lose cohesion and fragment back into little gangs too small to threaten communities.

jkason

First Post
I ponied up for a month's access, since I had Weel and my L4W character to level (probably try to work up a new level / rebuild on Shai for the other game now that I better understand how 4e combat works while I'm at it), so let me know and I should be able to do PDFs for whomever needs it. Right now that's just Pier, right?

As to where we go, either of Shayuri's options sound good. Weel's general outcast status with the locals could work to motivate him in either direction: either he wants to hook up with the party to get the heck away from the town that fears his unstable magics, or he hopes routing the current orc problem might finally earn him the acceptance he lost. :)

industrygothica

Adventurer
I ponied up for a month's access, since I had Weel and my L4W character to level (probably try to work up a new level / rebuild on Shai for the other game now that I better understand how 4e combat works while I'm at it), so let me know and I should be able to do PDFs for whomever needs it. Right now that's just Pier, right?

As to where we go, either of Shayuri's options sound good. Weel's general outcast status with the locals could work to motivate him in either direction: either he wants to hook up with the party to get the heck away from the town that fears his unstable magics, or he hopes routing the current orc problem might finally earn him the acceptance he lost. :)

[MENTION=40793]Redrobes[/MENTION] will need a pdf as well. Basically, anyone who doesn't have one for the new level.

The dying King Lolgoff does await. Maybe he'll still be alive when you get there. Hunting for bigger, badder orcs is also a viable option, though I don't think I'd want to run into any more like Krannak! Or maybe he didn't leave enough of an impression... you're right, I should come up with something more memorable. :angel:

Either way, you guys let me know. You never go the way I plan anyway, so I quit planning a long time ago. :)

Midgardsormr

First Post
Just an observation concerning PC psychology: Insurmountable obstacles look an awful lot like important plot points. More control can be had by making it look as though the PCs have solved the immediate problem, which frees them to look back at their original goal.

Whether or not the problem actually is solved is another issue. But if Hania continues to contain villagers under attack by orcs, chances are that we'll either stick around to continue fighting or persist in trying to get the villagers to evacuate.

And at the moment, we still don't know if this is a small raiding party that we've nearly defeated, the scouts of an army that we haven't yet seen, or a mass migration with thousands of orcs looking for a new home. Lacking intelligence to the contrary, we've been operating under the assumption that it's a raid and that the numbers are relatively small.

Regarding PDFizing my character sheet, have at it! I could probably use Acrobat to make one for myself, but its editing tools are really difficult to use for more than correcting typos.

And… I still have a question about the Staff of Defense encounter power. I get to add my CON modifier to my defense against an attack, but is that the straight modifier or the modifier + half level?

jkason

First Post
Okay, Pier pdf should be attached. Redrobes hasn't done his level up yet, correct? Will hold off doing anything with that, then.

Attachments

• Pier Glasser - Level 2.pdf
    15.7 MB · Views: 69

Redrobes

First Post
I have updated my character with links below as usual. I didn't retrain and took the distant advantage feat and fleeting ghost utility.

My old AC was 16 but with the new point I make it 15 ??? Where do you think I might have got the extra +2 before ?

As for what we do I think its time we headed out and went for the task in hand of our diplomatic mission. It might be that getting the plains men on board and delivering the arrow would be more useful overall than the local Hania problem.

Last edited:

Remove ads