[4e] IG's The Witchlight Strand [OOC]

Redrobes

First Post
Thanks - yeah that sounds like the one. So by reading that, do you think a rogue could shoot at an opponent who is being flanked when at range. I.e. if opponent attacker is on a square and another PC is meleeing him further away from you and on the opposite side to you such that opponent has his back to you then I could get CA from range ? That sounds like it would make a big difference. It would mean I could creep around the side or rear and shoot from there. If you have the text or its short & convenient to type then are you able to post or PM me the details ? - its definitely not in PH I.

EDIT - Ahh found it here:
http://zibro.org/dnd/phb2feats.pdf

It seems the enemy has to be flanked by two existing allies and then from any direction I will CA. Still not too bad tho since currently im not getting CA very much at all.

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
There is also the Clever Strike at-will power, which grants you combat advantage to a melee attack if an ally is adjacent to the target and able to attack it. If Druthruss can sneak attack with his axe, then you might consider retraining for that one.

industrygothica

Adventurer
There is also this feat:

[sblock=Tunnel Stalker]
Tunnel Stalker
Prerequisites: Str 13, Con 13, dwarf, rogue
Benefit: You can use any rogue power that
requires a light blade while wielding an axe, a
hammer, or a pick with one hand. You reduce Sneak
Attack damage by one die when wielding one of these
other weapons.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
Hahaha

One thing I like about 4rth Ed...there's no shortage of options. You wanna sneak attack with an axe? * Go ahead and sneak attack with the axe! You want to sneak attack at range? * Go ahead and sneak attack at range!

*some restrictions may apply; offer void where prohibited

Midgardsormr

First Post
In my games, I've simply been letting the players change the cosmetics to suit their concept as long as they leave the mechanics alone. So the dwarven rogue has a weapon that appears to be a handaxe, but it has all the properties of a dagger.

I did have to rule that Dwarven Weapon Training only gave a +1 to hit with it, though.

Korash

First Post
I am looking for a way beyond the Two Weapon Fighting feat (which gives a bonus to damage while wielding 2 weapons) to actually do two attacks (one each hand) and was wondering if the Ranger cross-training feat Two Blade Warrior might be able to do that....or if there is another feat or power I can use to do that.....

industrygothica

Adventurer
I am looking for a way beyond the Two Weapon Fighting feat (which gives a bonus to damage while wielding 2 weapons) to actually do two attacks (one each hand) and was wondering if the Ranger cross-training feat Two Blade Warrior might be able to do that....or if there is another feat or power I can use to do that.....

While there are several powers that allow a secondary attack with an off-hand weapon, I don't think I've seen a feat or other mechanic (as in 3e) that will let you perform a secondary attack at-will. Not saying it doesn't exist somewhere, just that I've never seen or heard of it.

Shayuri

First Post
Both rangers and fighters have attack powers that use dual weapons to deliver two attacks. If you don't actually want to be a ranger or a fighter, you could multiclass into one and gain a dual-striking at-will as an Encounter power.

If you're a half-elf, you could then upgrade that to another at-will at Paragon levels.

However, for most classes, two weapons just means a bit of a damage spiff...as well as defense, if you get the Two Weapon Defense feat.

industrygothica

Adventurer
We're leaving for our semi-annual trip to the New Orleans area again tomorrow. I've never had issues with internet connection in the past so there shouldn't be any problems, but just in case...

How's everyone looking on the character leveling? I haven't even checked the RG thread. Bad DM.

Remove ads