• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] IG's The Witchlight Strand [OOC]

renau1g

First Post
Would a half-orc work? I was thinking he might bear the scars of what would happen if the savage races aren't held back? Even though he'd be more orcish than manish, he'd cling to that small sliver of humanity.

industrygothica

Adventurer
So far only Redrobes and Midgardsormr have made the transition here to EN World. I'm still hopeful that the other two will make it here soon, but I'd like to go ahead and take a look at some character concepts. As I said, I've definitely got room for one, possibly more depending...

Shayuri

First Post
Here's a summary sheet for a 1st level Elf Druid I'm putting together.

Given the nature of the mission, I may reduce Con or Dex and raise Charisma, then train Diplomacy instead of Athletics...but then again, it seems silly to do that when another character will probably have a much better Diplomacy than me, and thus I shan't be making many checks.

Perhaps my role would be more as a guide...and as an emissary from the elves to recognize the new king. Rolewise, I'm going fairly heavy control at 1st level, but I can retrain for more emphasis on wildshapes if needed. Elf + Feral Predator Druid means this character is -fast- on foot. Trained Perception makes for a good scout, when using wildshape to avoid undue notice.

Open to suggestions!

[sblock]====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Aridha, level 1
Elf, Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Predator

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 14, Dex 17, Int 10, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 9, Con 14, Dex 15, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 15 Fort: 12 Reflex: 14 Will: 15
HP: 26 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 6

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +11, Athletics +4, Heal +9, Perception +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Arcana, Bluff, Diplomacy, Dungeoneering +4, Endurance +2, History, Insight +4, Intimidate, Religion, Stealth +3, Streetwise, Thievery +3

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Improved Initiative

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Flame Seed
Druid at-will 1: Storm Spike
Druid at-will 1: Savage Rend
Druid encounter 1: Twisting Vines
Druid daily 1: Faerie Fire

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Leather Armor, Longbow, Arrows (30), Rare Herbs (Nature) (14)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Create Campsite[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
So far only Redrobes and Midgardsormr have made the transition here to EN World. I'm still hopeful that the other two will make it here soon, but I'd like to go ahead and take a look at some character concepts. As I said, I've definitely got room for one, possibly more depending...

Which PC's are the missing ones?

Redrobes

First Post
I am Druthruss and Midgard is Pier so were missing Vatan the human fighter and Arraeis the elven cleric.

I PM'ed them and told them about the updates but I havent heard back from either. Also, I have subscribed to this thread with instant email but I dont get any. So knowing whether there has been posts will require a manual check. I wonder if there is something we can do about that. Just want a set of flags thats set by IG and reset when each of us see the latest posts. Anyone have any ideas ?

Theroc

First Post
IG, when you asked for concepts, did you want them from everyone, or just Shayuri and Renau? I don't want to step on anyone's toes or come up with a character until I'm needed.

industrygothica

Adventurer
I am Druthruss and Midgard is Pier so were missing Vatan the human fighter and Arraeis the elven cleric.

I PM'ed them and told them about the updates but I havent heard back from either. Also, I have subscribed to this thread with instant email but I dont get any. So knowing whether there has been posts will require a manual check. I wonder if there is something we can do about that. Just want a set of flags thats set by IG and reset when each of us see the latest posts. Anyone have any ideas ?

As far as I know we'll just have to check manually. I think the mods shut that feature down after a glitch and people started getting literally thousands of emails. I usually do a drive by a couple of times a day to see if there's anything new... just a quick click on "my account" will tell you that. I'm sure you knew that though, being Mr. Programming Wizard and all. ;)

IG, when you asked for concepts, did you want them from everyone, or just Shayuri and Renau? I don't want to step on anyone's toes or come up with a character until I'm needed.

Feel free to submit a concept. You don't have to develop a full fledged character if you don't want to (though I've been know to do that just for the sake of doing it...), but an idea of what you want and where you want it to go will be fine.

I also sent the others an email, but have yet to hear anything. They both seemed open to the idea of moving the game here, but maybe they changed their mind.

Tell you what. You three go ahead and make up full characters and consider yourselves part of the party. If the others don't join us here then we'll still have five, and if they do we'll have seven. I can do seven...

I think. Of course we are playing with Shayuri... might have to treat it like a party of ten just to come out even. ;)

-IG

Theroc

First Post
Alrighty, I'll review the story materials you've given and such and try to get a concept up in the next few days(I hope there isn't a rush).

My initial ideas at the moment aren't very solid (I'm still new to 4E and looking to try different things[with the PHB and PHB2, those are my two sourcebooks]) but I'm thinking of trying a leader or controller type, if anyone has any particular preferences on the mechanical side. I'm sure I'll be able to tie it into the IC.

Edit: I'm reviewing the wiki now, but am having trouble locating the relevant sections. Which area is it that would give information on the immediate setting of this adventure? If I missed it, apologies in advance.

Last edited:

Remove ads