• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4e init cards

eleran

First Post
A buddy and I are working on an app to generate 4e init cards. Take a look at the format so far and leave some feedback.

Attachments

• initcard.pdf
    46.6 KB · Views: 360

Yergi

First Post
It largely looks good to me.

The only thing I'd say to change is add a bit more spacing between the different action entries. Sometimes you do, like in the last card (for the first few powers at least), but its not consistent. I don't think just having the power name bolded will be quite enough to help me find when one power starts and the next begins.

I'm also assuming the attributes would actually be filled out on the final product, or are those left blank purposefully?

Other than that, looks awesome!

Nytmare

David Jose
How easy would it be to have dots for wounds instead of straight numbers and a blank?

HP: 60|30
ooooo ooooo ooooo | ooooo ooooo
ooooo ooooo ooooo | ooooo

eleran

First Post
Nytmare said:
How easy would it be to have dots for wounds instead of straight numbers and a blank?

HP: 60|30

I will ask the programmer, but my guess is, like the power display, it will all run out of room around dragon time LOL

Also we are thinking of doing some laminating so we can use markers to keep track of init and HPs right on the card, then wipe them clean and store them away

KrazyHades

First Post
Looks great to me. I agree that remembering ability score bonuses is important, but you were probably going to have those anyways. I like the format!

Festivus

First Post
* Abilities should be the bonus followed by the stat, e.g. STR: +1 (15)
* More room for damage tracking or tick marks as suggested, with a break at the bloodied point, or two rows, one for non-bloodied, the second row for bloodied.
* Action points and a way to track them?
* Perhaps on the back of each card one could write out what he needs to save for each round... or if he's marked by someone?

I assume these are standard index card size (3x5?), I didn't print them out to be certain.

eleran

First Post
Festivus said:
* Abilities should be the bonus followed by the stat, e.g. STR: +1 (15)
* More room for damage tracking or tick marks as suggested, with a break at the bloodied point, or two rows, one for non-bloodied, the second row for bloodied.
* Action points and a way to track them?
* Perhaps on the back of each card one could write out what he needs to save for each round... or if he's marked by someone?

I assume these are standard index card size (3x5?), I didn't print them out to be certain.

Not sure how possible the ticking will be with room at a minimum. Yes these are formatted to fit on a 3x5 card. One could do whatever they want on the back since the back will be blank.

Most monsters wont have action points, only solos and elites. Those will be easy to track since elites get 1 and solos get 2.

Remove ads