D&D 4E 4e Is Excellent - now give us som fully edited Handbooks please!

Primal

First Post
It's simply cost-prohibitive. There's only so many people who'd be interested in replacing their existing books with errated ones. They wouldn't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.

Also, calling them idiots will not get them to do it. Name-calling doesn't help anything.

Yet I think there are people (who were/are"fence-sitters" or even 3E/PF fans) who might have become interested in 4E, but feel that it's pointless to buy the books if you need to print out hundreds of pages of errata. Now, if the core books included errata, it would be another story; we'd definitely try 4E.

I know that the Essentials include errata, but as the previews are coming in I'm becoming more and more convinced that it's not what I expected. In any case, we would want the "core versions" of each class (which are not included in Essentials, IIRC). Furthermore, unless I'm completely wrong, the first box set and supplements only cover levels 1-10, right? If I'm dishing out 50-100 dollars for a game (or even more), I definitely want the whole package.

I may be in the minority, but I think there would be enough of us -- and people who are fed up with their books being filled with hand-written errata -- to justify another print run. Besides, what about those "newbies" who try the Essentials and would like to buy the core books, too? I imagine they'd like to get errated books as well (especially if they have already been playing errated rules).

Markn

First Post
Only the Red Box which is meant as an introduction to the hobby is levels 1-2. Every other Essentials books covers all levels.

C4

Explorer
Why dont they reprint all the earlier books including the errata and call them the new edited official versions.
Others have covered why this won't happen, in all likelihood. So all I will say is this:

I am not in the midst of a project I call Complete 4th, which is not essentially a copy-paste of 4e D&D rules with up-to-date errata. I did not just finish my eighth C4 class pdf, in addition to not finishing C4 races, skills and character advancement. Anyone who's interested in this project should not PM me or email me at don'tevercontactmeever@gmail.com.

Good day, and good gaming!

EDIT: Since you're so keen on making sure none of those things happen I went ahead and changed the e-mail address above.

Last edited by a moderator:

deadsmurf

First Post
I think where they're down to around say, 500 PHBs and/or 250 MMs/DMGS in the warehouse, there will be another printing and it will have full errata printed in it.
It might be over a year before they get low enough in stock that printing more will be at all cost effective.

Wonder if they'll do fully updated 4E core books as print-on-demand.

The problem with errataed books is that you essentially have to redo the whole page layout and graphic design.

The only way they could do PDFs and Print-On-Demand Players Handbooks with continuous updates would be if the books didn't have illustrations

Remove ads