D&D 4E 4e Is Excellent - now give us som fully edited Handbooks please!

Would be perfect for an ebook reader (those black and white variants that are just beginning to be affordable)

I would buy an "autoupdating" SRD kind of pdf. Maybe I would get an ebok reader mainly to use as a complete rulebook collection.

But i have just seen, with a little bit of luck, coloured ebook readers could be affordable before we get pdfs once again. ;)

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Regarding the original topic.

What I heard when I listened to the product preview podcast is Bill S (I think) saying that they will do an errataed PHB at some point. Which is not what I expected.

And yet, this really bugs me, as I can't quite believe it. (yes, I have been mulling over it). With the rules compendium, does it really makes sense to do a full reprint? There are other ways to update warlords and fighters and rogues with daily powers.

And yet, this really bugs me, as I can't quite believe it. (yes, I have been mulling over it). With the rules compendium, does it really makes sense to do a full reprint? There are other ways to update warlords and fighters and rogues with daily powers.

Why does this bother you? Not everyone is going to be buying the Essentials line. I know I for example won't be. The idea of the Rules Compendium is nice I suppose, but I don't trust it. The Magic Item Compendium and the Rules Compendium done before for 3.5 weren't exactly "must have" products from everything I've heard.

If the "Rules Compendium" is complete enough to be able to hand _that_ book to a new player and say, "Go for it" then I might consider it. If it's not? Well, that's the whole point of the PHB in the first place. Handing them a book and saying, "Oh yeah, here's the other book of errata that you need to go along with it" is kinda...stupid.

Reprinted PHB that incorporates errata? Yeah, I'd totally buy that.

Of course, I don't believe they'll do it. At least not in any time frame that's useful to me. I seem to recall them saying they wouldn't be doing a reprint for some time as they had "plenty" of books already printed.

fullchromelogic

First Post
Personally I can't wait for the Essentials Rules Compendium - I would love to have an updated, SRD-esque book incorporating all current errata. It will keep me current on all Essentials rules changes so that new material won't be confusing, but won't railroad me into using the other Essentials products. At least, I hope it will work out that way. If not, Core reprints with Errata would be welcome.

Remove ads