D&D 4E 4e Is Excellent - now give us som fully edited Handbooks please!

It's simply cost-prohibitive. There's only so many people who'd be interested in replacing their existing books with errated ones. They wouldn't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile.

Also, calling them idiots will not get them to do it. Name-calling doesn't help anything.

renau1g

First Post
Why not?
Retro is good, have you no respect for Gygax?

I have every respect for the man that helped launch this hobby, however I also don't like the rules set for the original editions or the simplicity of the classes and dislike the dumbing down of some of the classes (IMO). That said, I know I can choose to not buy these products (and I won't), but if I was introducing a new gamer to the system I wouldn't want them getting this as their first impression. It's too simplistic and boring (again IMO).

They are not mutually exclusive items. One can like retro and Gygax, one can like retro, but not like Gygax, one can not like retro and still like Gygax, or one can neither like retro nor like Gygax.

ourchair

First Post
I heartily endorse new printings of the monster manual, phb and dmg and I'd love to have them, but considering that I have most of the rules memorized it'd be too little too late save for the monster manual.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
On the upside, they have mentioned they're looking into PDF distribution. If they do that, then I fully expect them not only to be edited to include all errata to the current date, but to be updated and available as a download on your DDI account every time new errata hits.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
Regarding the original topic.

What I heard when I listened to the product preview podcast is Bill S (I think) saying that they will do an errataed PHB at some point. Which is not what I expected.

Squire James

First Post
I heard a "maybe" in that message, not a "will". It's a lot easier to convince people to do a whole new project than actually fix an existing flawed project, as the U.S. government (and probably many others) could tell you.

Remove ads