• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] New to PBP? Can't find a game? (Recruitment on hold)

okdaddio

First Post
Agreed - I really like the flavor and setting. It reminds me somewhat of Richard Adams' "Shardik" novel.

I'm waiting for the deity list/info before I finalize my character concept.

Sparky

I haven't read those novels, but I'll put 'em on my list. I will probably borrow some from the old Forgotten Realms Empires of the Shining Sea because A) it's very well put together and B) I have it. Whereas, I don't own a good source on an Egyptian setting.

-------

Some setting thoughts, just some notes and thought-sketches...

For gods, expect something akin to the Egyptian pantheon mixed with the Babylonian pantheon. Lots of beast-headed guys and strange, seemingly incongruous godly portfolios.

The names of the major gods (portfolio info soon)
Anoth
Asep
Basakara
Innama
Hab
Sikut
Soth
Thosis
Yut

The gods will have no alignment, but the cults dedicated to their worship will have alignments. The gods will have agents that may or may not be related to the various organizations that worship them.

Expect a powerful man-god Pharaoh (Maharehet VIII - Long may He reign) who lets the Theocrats and the Plutocrats duke it out beneath him while he leads the armies to war.

The terrain of Keshet will be more temperate than Egpyt, but there will still be broad expanses of desert that encroach on the lands surrounding the Great River Gahal. Elves (fierce nomadic desert elves) will rule these deserts and guard their oases - these oases aren't just date palms and muddy wells, but remnants of primeval forests which used to flourish in the area (long, long ago).

There will be grasslands and scattered small forested areas, a massive delta of course and some islands off the coast.

Sparky

I will probably have some more to say about concepts to bring them inline with the setting as it emerges, but for now, I dig on the concepts I've seen and I'd like everyone to PM me character sheets, if you have Character Builder, I'd like the file, if you don't, just email me your CS. PM me for my address.

lotuseater

Explorer
my character is almost finished. just need to confirm that we are doing standard point buy. must have missed it if it was already mentioned.

Sparky

Sorry... falling down on shepherding the new folk. Good thing you're not all new to the game too. :)

Yes, lotuseater - standard point buy.

lotuseater

Explorer
hey, i pm'd you my character twice, but both times got a server time out. i don't actually know if it got sent. let me know if you did not get it and i'll try again.

Remove ads