4e, NoVA - Full table

baberg

First Post
EDITED MAY 16

The table is currently full. As the game progresses we may add players depending on circumstances. If that happens I will post a new thread asking for players again. Thanks to everybody who showed interest.

Original post below
=============

I'm pumped up about 4e being released and am planning to start a campaign run in the Northern Virginia area in Sterling (near intersection of 28 and 7). Initial adventures will be based in the PoL setting native to 4e so that it can be ready ASAP, then we'll see where we want to go from there. Games will be weekly Saturday or Sunday and held at either my townhouse or at the library off Cascades - they have several conference rooms which are free to use for non-profits.

Right now I don't need a firm commitment, just a general "Yes, that sounds like fun" and the details can be worked out later. If there's enough interest I'd also like to hold a few "get to know you" sessions before 4e release playing other one-off RPGs or even board games just to get to know personalities and such.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, e-mail me at RPG_interest (at) lutor (dot) net.

Last edited:

madwabbit

First Post
Bump this as we get closer to the release, as I'll probably be interested. I'm a 4e skeptic myself, but I'm definitely interested in playing it to dispell (or confirm :) ) the skepicism.

Ethernaut

First Post
Well, I *definitely* want to be playing more regularly than I'm playing now. My current group is lucky to meet once a month and that is for two campaigns (Buffy and D&D 3.5). I love my players, but scheduling has been a real nightmare lately. Doesn't help that I'm a (relatively) new dad who has contributed to the scheduling nightmare.

But I've been getting the bug for something much more regular. I miss participating in a game where it's not a struggle to remember what happened in the previous session. Our Buffy game is good for that, since most sessions are self-contained episodes. But my D&D game... yeesh, it's been months since our last session.

My concern is, of course, schedule. I'm negotiating with the wife to play more regularly, but I'm not sure what day of the week would work best. My current group is pretty dispersed over the area and weeknights are right out. But you are somewhat close (I live on the Chantilly side of Fairfax near the Fairfax County Pkwy), so that might not be an issue. Maybe.

The other potential issue is that I might want to run a 4e game of my own. I'm still on the fence about 4e, but I'm also very hopeful. All this talk about making the DM's life easier has got me stoked. I just don't have the time to prepare things like I used to.

Anyway, we will probably meet up since I volunteered to run a game at the Chantilly Game Day.

Black Arrow

First Post
Can't play weekly (I travel a lot) but I live in Manassas, and would love to join a regular 4e campaign. Even if I could only join on occaision ('guest' status?) due to other commitments.

baberg

First Post
Wurm1234, Ethernaut, and Black Arrow:

Please toss me an e-mail at RPG_interest (at) lutor (dot) net so we can get this coordinated. We're about a month from launch and I'd like to get feedback from all of the potential players as to your preferred play style, availability, preferred setting, etc.

Also, for anybody just reading this, we're hovering at right around 7 players and some of those might not pan out. So toss me an e-mail at the above address if this game is something you're interested in.

Ethernaut

First Post
baberg, I just sent you an email to get things rolling. My weekend's are going to be a little crazy right around release time, due to my younger son's birthday events. But I'm actually going to be pretty free during the week throughout June. Weekends should begin to clear up towards the end of June.

In general, though, my current group gets dibs on Saturday nights for the rare occasions when our schedules actually align. We're in our fifth and final season of our Buffy game we're all anxious to reach the series finale.

Sunday evenings look ideal. I'm less enthusiastic about playing during the day, since that is prime family time.

Remove ads