• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

Knight Otu

First Post
Kitirat said:
Anything else? Most races get 3-5 extra things beyond the stat boost and skill bonuses and that is only 2 for half-elves.
Half-elves might be able to get a class feature from another class (the XP warlock had a ranger feature, and the KotS cleric has a weapon power that marks the enemy), though there may be other reasons for that. Also, they might be able to choose Human and/or Elf feats (the XP warlock has a Human feat).

By the way, does anyone remember how many age categories there were for the dragons? 3, 4, or 5?

Kitirat

First Post
Knight Otu said:
Half-elves might be able to get a class feature from another class (the XP warlock had a ranger feature, and the KotS cleric has a weapon power that marks the enemy), though there may be other reasons for that. Also, they might be able to choose Human and/or Elf feats (the XP warlock has a Human feat).

By the way, does anyone remember how many age categories there were for the dragons? 3, 4, or 5?

Yepo, seen all that, what I'm interested in at this point is what they actually get instead of what they might be getting. :)

Thanks,
Ken

Knight Otu

First Post
Kitirat said:
Yepo, seen all that, what I'm interested in at this point is what they actually get instead of what they might be getting. :)

Thanks,
Ken
Yep, saw it in the other thread, but maybe it jogs someone's memories if they read it.

Cirex

First Post
Kitirat said:
So the half-elves get:

+2 to two stats (chr and ???)
+2 to insight and diplomancy

Specials
+1 to allies diplomacy within 10ft
An at-will from another class as an encounter.

Anything else? Most races get 3-5 extra things beyond the stat boost and skill bonuses and that is only 2 for half-elves.

I think someone got, from the DDXP and KotS half-elves, that the second +2 stat bonus for Half-Elf was constitution.

Shado

Explorer
Cirex said:
I think someone got, from the DDXP and KotS half-elves, that the second +2 stat bonus for Half-Elf was constitution.

Well, the two Half-elves we've seen had a +2 in CON, but it's still possible that it's a floating +2 that happened to be used identically for a bonus to CON by both the pregens. Either as a means to throw us off and keep it a secret or it's merely coincidence.

+2 CON seems counterintuitive for Half-elves given the history of Elves with penalties to CON in D&D. However, a floating +2 (non-CHA, given the flat +2 to CHA) would be a natural trait from the human side of the Half-elf.

Basically, it makes more sense if it's floating... but we have no evidence to confirm either way.

Yet.

ArmoredSaint

First Post
Thalmin,

I notice in the earlier Keep on the Shadowlands thread, you mentioned that the Dragonborn Paladin was equipped with "Heavy Plate" armour. Does this differ somehow from the Plate Armour whose description we've already seen in the Player's Handbook peeks?

Also, is there any information you can give us on armour--confirmed statistics, prices, etc--that you've been able to glean from looking at the books?

Ander00

First Post
I'm half-expecting it to be +2 Cha, and another +2 to any of the physical stats, since most other races have a bonus to a physical and a mental attribute. Constitution doesn't really make a lot of sense, and if it could be anything other than charisma, surely the half-elf cleric's wisdom score would've been higher.

cheers

Last edited:

Remove ads