• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E 4E PHB Viewing at Games Plus, what we saw

Rechan

Adventurer
darkInertia said:
What's the fluff/background for the shifters? Are they similar to lycanthropes?
In Eberron at least, Shifters are basically the descendants of human/lycanthrope breeding. They're human in appearance (but look like Wolverine; massive sideburns, a little hairy and bestial in personality). They can "shift", which is very similar to raging; they gain animalistic traits depending on type (ram's horns, claws, run faster) as well as stat boosts.

The most intriguing thing about Shifters, at least to me, was that type didn't breed true; a Razorclaw and a Gorebrute pairing could result in a beasthide child.

Last edited:

DdraigGoch

First Post
I need shifter information more than I need air and water. Shifter info interests me more than any other subject in the entirety of 4th edition.
Thalmin, did you happen to get any inkling as to what stat adjustments shifters got? I just about wet myself when you posted about the general mechanic behind shifting!

andarilhor

First Post
Role and Power Source significance

Anyone know if the roles and the power sources has any significance besides as a game design instrument?
If the fighter and the paladin has any features in common because both are defenders?
Or the paladin and the cleric has anything in common because both has divine power sources?

WyzardWhately

First Post
Rechan said:
The most intriguing thing about Shifters, at least to me, was that type didn't breed true; a Razorclaw and a Gorebrute pairing could result in a beasthide child.

That reminds me a little bit of Clive Barker's Nightbreed [the book, for the love of goddess not the movie]. In fact, if I ran them that way, they'd be pretty damned awesome.

EDIT: This is a sort of weird and random question to have, but: Is there any way to get more skills? I know that INT doesn't work any more. So, can you just blow feats to become trained in further skills, or what? Is there a skill focus feat? What's it do, if so?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads