D&D 4E 4E Playtesting

vagabundo

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I know for a fact that all group members sign a NDA. It was standard practice in 3e, and I saw a reference to it for 4e.

The evidence accumulates against thee.

But I would find it odd that a playtester would be chosen from a site that has its foundations built on the leaking of 3e information.

Unless they do not know, why would they not know, too many secrets, an insider, dopplerganger? WHO DO U WORK FOR DAMMIT????!?

Last edited:

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Skornn2k7 said:
When I first posted about playtesting 4E, I was never looking for hard facts or for them to break the NDA. I was looking for some people outside of WoTC employees to talk about their characters , and to tell the stories of what they are doing in the campaign. I would think that there is some RPGA guys out there who are responsible enough to talk about what they are doing, with out giving away real info. =)

But talking about it at all would violate the NDA - that's the whole point of it. :)

Skornn2k7

First Post
Well guess what, its been violated. There has been several playtest reports from WoTC employees who have posted about the games they are running , playing in, or both. It still does not give the rest of us assurance that 4E is going to knock our socks off, because they get paid to talk good things about 4E. I think that if we get to see some reports from non-WoTC employees , we would be more inclined to believe that 4E is going to blow our minds, that it will be as fun or more so then the other versions before it.

/shrug

I guess we wait til next month and see if the races and classes was worth it.

Happy Turkey Day to those who celebrate =)

Lackhand

First Post
The WotC employees aren't under an NDA. Or rather, they're under a different form of NDA. They're keeping blogs, and they conveniently all started keeping them at the same time? It's a corporate marketing strategy.

It happens to be a good one: Release some information, engage the community!

But nonetheless, they didn't break NDAs, they did their jobs. Are doing their jobs, I mean. :)

LightPhoenix

First Post
Lackhand said:
The WotC employees aren't under an NDA. Or rather, they're under a different form of NDA. They're keeping blogs, and they conveniently all started keeping them at the same time? It's a corporate marketing strategy.

It happens to be a good one: Release some information, engage the community!

But nonetheless, they didn't break NDAs, they did their jobs. Are doing their jobs, I mean. :)

Laaaaackhaaaa...

Er, wrong thread. :)

If it's anything like video game companies (OMGZ!!!1) then WotC has a Public Relations department that is responsible for the outflow of information, and everything that gets posted by WotC, at least officially, has to run by them first. That way there's a consistency to what we get, what they're willing to talk about, etc.

Remove ads