4e stats for Thrin?

S'mon

Legend
Hi Craig - just emailed you re Thrinian Knight 4e stats. I was wondering if you have some suggested 4e stats for Thrin, or more likely Thrin's Avatar? Not that I'm planning on using him in my game currently (PCs are 2nd level) but I'd be interested in seeing your ideas.

S'mon said:
Hi Craig - just emailed you re Thrinian Knight 4e stats.

Yes, as I said, I'll see what I can do, but in the short term I'll be a tad busy. ;)

I was wondering if you have some suggested 4e stats for Thrin, or more likely Thrin's Avatar? Not that I'm planning on using him in my game currently (PCs are 2nd level) but I'd be interested in seeing your ideas.

Might make for an interesting Web article. I'd have to double check the math, but I suspect Thrin would be about the same Level as Orcus in the Monster Manual.

Even though in days gone by Thrin would have dropped Orcus like a bag of dirt, if we retain the levelling by Quintessence/Worship Points then Thrin works out at about Level 42, which is equal to a Solo creature of Level 33.

Thrin = Level 33 Solo Soldier. Sharpness I changed to ongoing damage (5 per tier on a crit only, thus 20 ongoing (save ends) upon a crit).

Therefore his Avatar would be a Level 23 Solo Soldier (or Elite 28) and his Aspect a Level 13 Solo Soldier (or Elite 18).

He would also have some powers related to the War Portfolio and 31+ Fighter Class, things like Auto-hit and Auto-crit.

Thrin
Level 33 Solo Soldier

Initiative: 27 Exp: 155000
HP: 1520; Bloodied: 760
AC: 49 Fortitude: 46 Reflex: 45 Will: 45
Attack bonus vs. AC: +40
Attack bonus vs. other defenses: +38
Damage
At-will 3d10+11 (crit on 18: 8d10 + 41 + 20 ongoing)

Slash - Standard Action, At-will
3d10 + 11 (crit on 18: 8d10 + 41 + 20 ongoing (save ends))

Double Slash - Standard Action, At-will
Thrin makes two Slash attacks each round

Perfect Warrior - Free Action, Recharge 4
All Thrin's Slash attacks that round automatically hit (roll anyway to determine critical hits)

Deadly Warrior - Free Action, Recharge 5
All Thrin's Slash attacks that round are automatic critical hits (assuming they hit)

Omnislash - Standard Action, Recharge 6
Thrin's blades are so sharp they can cut the air themselves. Thrin makes one Slash attack against every foe within 7 squares.

Perfect Defense - Immediate Reaction, Encounter
Thrin automatically blocks one attack or spell directed at him

Divine Robustness -
Thrin makes a saving throw against any effect before it takes effect (and thereafter at the start of the round) in addition to his saving throw at the end of the round.

Sword Saint
Swords (less than +8) cannot score critical hits against Thrin

Bloody Vengeance - Free Action, when bloodied
When bloodied, all powers recharge

Triple Slash - Standard Action, while bloodied
While bloodied, Thrin makes three Slash attacks

...he still needs one more power...hmmm

Action points: 2
Str: 32 (+27) Dex: 29 (+25) Wis: 29 (+25)
Con: 32 (+27) Int: 29 (+25) Cha: 29 (+25)

Level 23 Solo Soldier

Initiative: 20 Exp: 25500
HP: 1095; Bloodied: 547
AC: 39 Fortitude: 36 Reflex: 35 Will: 35
Attack bonus vs. AC: +30
Attack bonus vs. other defenses: +28
Damage
At-will 3d6 + 8 (crit on 19: 5d10 + 26 + 15 ongoing (save ends))

3d6 + 8 (crit on 18: 6d10 + 26 + 15 ongoing (save ends))

The Avatar of Thrin makes two Slash attacks each round

The Avatar of Thrin's Slash attacks that round automatically hit (roll anyway to determine critical hits)

The Avatar of Thrin's Slash attacks that round are automatic critical hits (assuming they hit)

The Avatar of Thrin's blades are so sharp they can cut the air themselves. The Avatar of Thrin makes one Slash attack against every foe within 7 squares.

The Avatar of Thrin automatically blocks one attack or spell directed at him

Divine Robustness -
The Avatar of Thrin makes a saving throw against any effect before it takes effect (and thereafter at the start of the round) in addition to his saving throw at the end of the round.

Sword Saint
Swords (less than +6) cannot score critical hits against the Avatar of Thrin

While bloodied, The Avatar of Thrin makes three Slash attacks

Str: 27 (+19) Dex: 24 (+18) Wis: 24 (+18)
Con: 27 (+19) Int: 24 (+18) Cha: 24 (+18)

Aspect of Thrin
Level 13 Solo Soldier

Initiative: 12 Exp: 4000
HP: 670; Bloodied: 335
AC: 29 Fortitude: 26 Reflex: 25 Will: 25
Attack bonus vs. AC: +20
Attack bonus vs. other defenses: +18
Damage
At-will 2d8 + 6 (crit: 4d10 + 22 + 10 ongoing (save ends))

2d8 + 6 (crit: 4d10 + 22 + 10 ongoing (save ends))

The Aspect of Thrin makes two Slash attacks each round

The Aspect of Thrin's Slash attacks that round automatically hit (roll anyway to determine critical hits)

The Aspect of Thrin's Slash attacks that round are automatic critical hits (assuming they hit)

The Aspect of Thrin's blades are so sharp they can cut the air themselves. The Aspect of Thrin makes one Slash attack against every foe within 7 squares.

The Aspect of Thrin automatically blocks one attack or spell directed at him

Sword Saint
Swords (less than +4) cannot score critical hits against the Aspect of Thrin

While bloodied, The Aspect of Thrin makes three Slash attacks

Str: 22 (+12) Dex: 19 (+10) Wis: 19 (+10)
Con: 22 (+12) Int: 19 (+10) Cha: 19 (+10)

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Hi Craig - I agree re the comparison with 4e Orcus, who is relatively much tougher than the 1e version.

What I've done IMC is that following the death of the Albine Empire and most of its pantheon the major Albine/Babylonian Death God Nergal has absorbed the portfolio of Orcus, a demon prince slain centuries ago by King Graz'zt; becoming a God of Undeath to rival Hel. Thus I'm using the 4e version of Orcus for this 'bloated' Orcus-Nergal.

As you know, IMC Demogorgon was exiled to Pandemonium following the war with Graz'zt. IMC Demogorgon has now completed conquest of Pandemonium; drawing on its power gives him the 4e MM2 stats - this is much less of a boost than 1e-4e Orcus so I think it's justifiable. I might lower his printed stats a bit as well.

I expect if they publish 4e Graz'zt stats I'd need to boost them a fair bit IMC to make him at least comparable to Demogorgon.

S'mon said:
Hi Craig - I agree re the comparison with 4e Orcus, who is relatively much tougher than the 1e version.

Yes, he is something of a poster boy these days.

What I've done IMC is that following the death of the Albine Empire and most of its pantheon the major Albine/Babylonian Death God Nergal has absorbed the portfolio of Orcus, a demon prince slain centuries ago by King Graz'zt; becoming a God of Undeath to rival Hel. Thus I'm using the 4e version of Orcus for this 'bloated' Orcus-Nergal.

Okay, cool. :cool:

As you know, IMC Demogorgon was exiled to Pandemonium following the war with Graz'zt. IMC Demogorgon has now completed conquest of Pandemonium; drawing on its power gives him the 4e MM2 stats - this is much less of a boost than 1e-4e Orcus so I think it's justifiable. I might lower his printed stats a bit as well.

Interesting, what happened to Tuoni and the evil Finnish Gods? I thought they basically ruled Pandemonium?

With the Babylonian Gods effectively shattered I can see Anshar being no threat anymore.

I expect if they publish 4e Graz'zt stats I'd need to boost them a fair bit IMC to make him at least comparable to Demogorgon.

The published Graz'zt stats are in Manual of the Planes. He's a Level 32 Solo Controller. He's not too bad, but certainly not the central figure he is in your campaign. By my reckoning:

Lesser Gods = Level 41-45
Greater Gods = Level 46-50

equates to...

Lesser Gods = Level 32-36 Solo monsters
Greater Gods = Level 37-41 Solo monsters

Graz'zt in your campaign would probably be about Level 37-38 I imagine (as I reckon things).

S'mon

Legend
Interesting, what happened to Tuoni and the evil Finnish Gods? I thought they basically ruled Pandemonium?

With the Babylonian Gods effectively shattered I can see Anshar being no threat anymore.

The published Graz'zt stats are in Manual of the Planes. He's a Level 32 Solo Controller. He's not too bad, but certainly not the central figure he is in your campaign. By my reckoning:

Lesser Gods = Level 41-45
Greater Gods = Level 46-50

equates to...

Lesser Gods = Level 32-36 Solo monsters
Greater Gods = Level 37-41 Solo monsters

Graz'zt in your campaign would probably be about Level 37-38 I imagine (as I reckon things).

Tuoni & Tuonetar - their part of Pandemonium is split off and merged with Niflheim/Shadowfell. In 4e terms it's part of the Shadowfell. Their domain is separate from that of Hel/Hela/Raven Queen.

Of the remaining Albine gods, Girru has a strong following on southern Ea due to prosletysing (sp?) during the Pax Albina, apart from Nergal the other surviving Albine gods are probably of Exarch status, not much more powerful than mere upstarts like Vantor & Karzalin. :)

Graz'zt - I agree, Level 37 Solo looks right to me. I expect WoTC 4e Yeenoghu and Kostchtchie would be about right.

Just to note I have updated the stats above. Been thinking that playing as Thrin in 4E might actually work out better using a tewaked version of the above 'monster' stats for him. Since many of his adventures are 'solo' endeavours.

S'mon said:
Tuoni & Tuonetar - their part of Pandemonium is split off and merged with Niflheim/Shadowfell. In 4e terms it's part of the Shadowfell. Their domain is separate from that of Hel/Hela/Raven Queen.

Okay, so where is Pandemonium now (in 4E context?)

Of the remaining Albine gods, Girru has a strong following on southern Ea due to prosletysing (sp?) during the Pax Albina, apart from Nergal the other surviving Albine gods are probably of Exarch status, not much more powerful than mere upstarts like Vantor & Karzalin. :)

Fair enough.

Graz'zt - I agree, Level 37 Solo looks right to me. I expect WoTC 4e Yeenoghu and Kostchtchie would be about right.

Graz'zt would be easy peasy to convert to Level 37.

S'mon

Legend
Just to note I have updated the stats above. Been thinking that playing as Thrin in 4E might actually work out better using a tewaked version of the above 'monster' stats for him. Since many of his adventures are 'solo' endeavours.

Thanks Craig, that's great. I'll go over them later. BTW first session of my renewed 4e Ea campaign was yesterday - Meetup thread here:
4e D&D - Raven's Wing: Vault of Larin Karr (full?) - 1pm-5.45pm fortnightly Sundays, next game 24th January. - The London Dungeons & Dragons Meetup Group (London, England) - Meetup.com

S'mon said:
Thanks Craig, that's great. I'll go over them later.

Well thats just a first run through. But it shows how easy it is with 4E, 3E stats for Thrin would have taken about a year.

S'mon said:

Tell everyone I said hi, hopefully I'll get to see them all again in the summer.

Looking forward to reading Judith's recap of events. I must admit I do worry for their fate without Ardan the Untouchable. ;)

Remove ads