4E - Stranded [IC]

nonamazing

Explorer
"Oh, no," Cyrial whispered. "What...what have I done?"

Cyrial looked down at the beach from his vantage point atop the cliff. A number of the passengers were stirring, and others were moving about and getting their bearings, but many still lay on the sand, quiet and unmoving.

I wonder how many are dead? Cyrial thought. And how many hurt? Should...should I be down there? Should I be trying to help?

For several long moments, Cyrial sat, burdened by uncertainty. If I go down there...they'll all know. They'll know whose fault this was. And they won't want my help.

I could slip away...none of them have seen me yet, up here away from the beach. Below Cyrial, soft waves licked at the cliff's base. I could head down the other side, get away from them, lose myself in...

He stood up suddenly, shaking his head. "Heh," he muttered to himself. "There's not really any place to go, is there?"

Cyrial began making his way down the side of the cliff, half sliding and half climbing. Reaching the beach, he ran toward the others, waving his arms and shouting. "Hey! Is anyone hurt?"

As he came closer, Cyrial tried to catch the attention of the survivors. "Please, help me. There are too many people here, and they're too spread out. I need able-bodied men to help me gather up the wounded and bring them together so that I can treat them. I beg of you, lend me your aid."

Falkus

Explorer
"What, what was that?" Durvin muttered to himself, as he slowly regained his feet. "Who were those people?" he quickly drove the questions to the back of his mind as he focused on more immediate concerns. "Aye now, let's see what's happened," he said, and began to take stock of his present situation.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril began, very slowly, to get to his feet. Taking his time allowed him to sort things out a bit more clearly- what he remembered was a dream, it must have been. This was reality, and it did not seem like a promising way to start the day. The beach was no place he knew, and it was certainly not his destination.

He drew a deep huffing breath, and the sharp smell of salt air helped him to focus a bit more. Looking around him, he could see other people, folk that he remembered from the ship. Were they all here now- and if so, what had happened to the ship? Instinctively, he began to scan the area more closely, looking for the captain or other senior crew members...

OOC: [sblock] Perception roll (1d20+9= 25) to examine the area for notable people/things; Nature roll (1d20+9= 13) to determine if the area seems natural and/or habitable- looks like his time in the desert didn't give him much knowledge of an ocean/beach environment; rolls
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1643814/ [/sblock]

Last edited:

Rayex

First Post
Everyone:
You are on a beach. It curves about two hundred yards to your left and right, forming a half-moon shape. You are lying about in the middle of the beach, the rest of the people are also spread over an area covering about 100 yards of the middle of the beach. About fifty or so yards up the beach, the forest starts.

[sblock=Mordras]
In addition to the above, you notice a bit of the forest. It looks almost like a tropical forest, vegetation is thick from what you can see. You have no idea where this might be.[/sblock]

[sblock=Fodor]
You really have no idea where you are.
You quickly find out that your abilities are working as they should, which probably is a good thing. On the beach, most people seem to be alive, some worse for wear than others, but none seems to be dead.
After a few moments of searching, you spot the Captain. She's squatting in the sand, having a whispered conversation with her sister, the first mate.[/sblock]

[sblock=Wittgenstein]
There's a few cliffs at the far end of the beach, other than that there is no high ground that you can see, the beach is rather flat and boring.[/sblock]

[sblock=Alternative]
Not sure about that either. Lets say you cannnot - for now. However, checking your embedded stuff [I didn't notice you included that in your sheet untill now, and even though I dont have access to the Dragon stuff, I'll accept it. Please ask for other stuff though, next time :)] you find everything in place.[/sblock]

[sblock=O-Haril]
In addition to the above, you notice a bit of the forest. It looks almost like a tropical forest, vegetation is thick from what you can see. There seems to be quite a bit of avian life in the forest, as you can see myriads of birds and hear their chirping. As for people, you cannot see anyone but the people from the Ship, passangers or crew.[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
Coughing, Durvin moved to join the others. "Does anybody know what happened?" he asked. "The last thing I remember, I was in me bunk on the ship," he furled his eyebrows. "Then I was in a pond, I think, being taunted by elves. I think that was a dream. Then I was here on the beach. Something's going on here, and I don't like it."

A Passing Maniac

First Post
Malik awakens from his nightmare with a gasp. The quick breath draws the sand half-filling his mouth deeper, and he begins to choke and cough. It is only after sputtering up the last of the sand that the tiefling finally raises his head.

Malik's eyes widen as he sees the array of people and wreckage scattered across the beach. He hastily climbs to his feet, whirling around to see yet more of the Silver Swan's passengers and crew spread out along the sand. Oh, no. The ship... What are we going to do? Where are we? Is this place inhabited? How are we going to survive here? What if...

Malik's worried thoughts and numb staring are interrupted by a cry for help in gathering the wounded. Though by no means able-bodied, Malik still feels the need to offer what assistance he can. He quickly shrugs off his heavy, waterlogged cloak and picks his way among the debris littering the beach. With all the care he can take, he begins to help those who are conscious to walk, hobble, and limp their way to the beckoning healer.

Bialaska

First Post
The girl, who some may notice is wearing dry clothes unlike the rest here, swiftly moves to aid those still on the ground. While not really particularly strong, she still started dragging the nearest towards those who appeared to have any kind of medical knowledge.

"What happened?" Tara mutters mostly to herself, before she continues the job of dragging. She then looks around, before asking out loudly, "Have you people seen my friends, I think I'm lost and I don't know where they are. They may be able to help I think."

Kaodi

Hero
The bugbear strides purposefully towards Captain Firon, his face grim.

" I do not think that this is the time for whispered conversations, Captain, lest some think that there is already some conspiracy afoot, " he says gruffly, though keeping his voice down enough so as not to upset his fellow shipwrecked.

" I am going to infer that neither of you may know what has befallen us, " he continues, " But I think it would be best if you tried to take control of this situation, preserve your authority, to prevent any sort of factionalism taking hold if it turns out we are stuck. "

Turning back to the waking crowd, he grumbles, " Now come on. I appreciate that you have your own family to be concerned about as well, but as Captain you are responsible for over fifty people here. There is no time for secret planning, only action. "

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel coughs as he finally manages to stagger back to his feet, shaking away the recurring nightmare and watching the goings on for a few moments. Clearing his throat, he goes over to a few of the stronger looking individuals standing on the beach.
"We need to seperate the living from the dead. Drag the corpses to a pile over there while the rest of us help any of the wounded. I'm a priest, I'll do what I can, but I can only help those who are meant to be helped. The rest must be isolated in case they attract predators."
Daniel glances over and sees the bugbear talking with someone. "You there!" He walks over, and only then notices the captain "OH.. Captain.. Good to see you alive. I was just about to set up a watch to keep an eye open for any predators or indigenous peoples while we make sure those that can be saved are. Perhaps you're better suited for that. I'll take my leave." the Elven priest bows to the captain and first mate before heading back to start taking care of people.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll chose silver for speech. Also, in case it matters,
Perception +6/Insight + 11 (TO notice anything strange), Heal + 9 (To help people), Diplomacy + 10 (To get people to listen to him)

Finally, I believe you stated we wouldn't have our gear - Does that include my 'memento/Holy Symbol'? b/c If so I'll need to post him freaking when he goes to use it and notices it missing. :)
[/sblock]

Graf

Explorer
The bugbear strides purposefully towards Captain Firon, his face grim.

The warforged follows along behind the bugbear. It crosses its arms, eyes pulsing but says nothing.

[sblock=Alternative]
Not sure about that either. Lets say you cannnot - for now. However, checking your embedded stuff [I didn't notice you included that in your sheet untill now, and even though I dont have access to the Dragon stuff, I'll accept it. Please ask for other stuff though, next time :)] you find everything in place.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I agree about "knowing of the contents".

Sorry!
I hadn't realized being equipmentless was going to be a plot point at all.

[sblock=random stuff]I included it in the original application, complete with all the relevant text excerpted from dragon because I thought you might care. And I think I mentioned it again when I was talking about the "maguffin".

You didn't say anything and I thought... you'd seen it and decided it wasn't a big deal.
There's no effect on power levels really. Drawing a sword is a minor action. Having an embedded weapon "spring forth and snap into place"? a minor action.

In "combat ability" terms it's neutral (just FX).
Especially since, Alternative was just unconscious, so anyone could have done anything they wanted and he wouldn't know until he checks.
And whatever powerful magic involved (either the island, or the maguffin, or whatever) could "trump" whatever it says in dragon anyway.

Also the "hidden compartment" explains why he'd be attractive to a smuggler.
[/sblock]

But, of course, you can change stuff if you like, now or later.
So, you know, maybe he takes a hit in the first fight and one (or all) of his components is damaged. And/or runs into a a "weird magical tree" that makes his living tree parts grow out of control and "force" the components out of his body (breaking them).

Whatever works/seems fair.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads