4E - Stranded [IC]

Rayex

First Post
As the most of you are starting to get a clearer view of things and shaking of the memories of the nightmares, you all realize something is missing on the beach. There is no signs of a wreckage, no debris or signs of anything, except the people themselves.

People are now starting to walk around, talking confused with eachother. Some take charge and starts to organize he care for the injured, and some still seem to be dazed. However you all notice, once your head clears a bit, that all your posessions have been removed. Weapons, armor, holy symbols, it is all gone.

The bugbear approaches the Captain, setting her straight. Captain Firon looks up at the bugbear and the slowly rise. "You are right Master Fodor. It is my responsibility. Thank you." she gives you a sad smile, before rising to her feet and start yelling orders. "Clubber! Help the priests with the injured, see who we are missing. Phlegm and Gangly, go take a look at that forest. Don't go too far yet, I don't like the look of it though."

Comforted by their captain now taking charge, the crew of the Swan now start working together. After a few minutes, it's clear that there are no injures to speak of, everyone seems to be fine except for being wet, a tad shocked and cold.

As a scream pierce the air, you all turn your head to its source. A young woman, probably of elven origin, is at the edge of the beach, where the forest begin. Pointing at something.

[sblock=Everyone] As pathfinderq1 noted in the OOC thread, there is indeed no wreckage or debris or anything on the beach. I realize now that I had forgotten to mention that several times, but let's have everyone just realize it now![/sblock]

[sblock=Bialaska]
I'm affraid I wasn't clear enough in your intro post. You was on the ship with the rest. The "stumbling then being another place" was meant to be a weird way of waking up from the dream. However, if you do want to remember nothing of the ship or anything, that is Completely fine. You are kinda wet though. :p [/sblock]

[sblock=Graf]
Yeah, I saw it when I looked it up, that you had included it. Silly of me to miss it, but no matter now, I'm perfectly fine with it, and I should have access to the Dragon stuff from now anyway. [/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Moments pass, and Wittgenstein begins to orient himself. He has a rock, a sharp rock in his fist, and he is again upright, not scrambling on all fours. But he is still running, up towards the forest at the edge of the beach.

Behind him, floating through the air he hears His Captain's Voice, which hits his ears and makes him spin around, so that the next two steps are taken backwards. She's alive!

Wittgenstein realizes he has been holding his breath, and the welcome sound in his ears becomes the trigger for him to exhale. He begins a scan of the beach, sees shapes and forms coalesce into crew and passengers, but he does not see her. I heard her. She's alive, he thinks.

Whereupon behind him to the left he hears a scream of an elven woman. His leg swings around and he transfers his momentum in her direction,as he runs to her, rock in hand, to see what she needs.

Zweischneid

First Post
"What happened?" Tara mutters mostly to herself, before she continues the job of dragging. She then looks around, before asking out loudly, "Have you people seen my friends, I think I'm lost and I don't know where they are. They may be able to help I think."

"The seas it seems have deemed to take our ship. Someone else it seems has taken to the rest including... "
Mordras remarks, having cleaned himself up as best he could.

"... my brothers' sword!" He finishes the sentence, after a gasp, as if in shock.

Recapturing some of his resolves he responds to Tara
"Your friends might have entered the forest up there, if they are not among the people here. How could they help with... "

At the scream he whips around with an Eladrins' grace, looking first for the elven women, than searching the edge of the forest for whatever terrified her.

[sblock=OOC]
Perception: Looking for something scary in or near the forest.. (1d20+5=12)
[/sblock]

Falkus

Explorer
"And, damn me, me armor. That was an heirloom, my father gave it to me," Durvin added, visibly angered.

When Durvin heard the scream and saw the elven woman, he didn't stop to think, but simply took off running towards her, ready to assist. He might have lost his weapons, but he still had his fists and his faith.

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
[SBLOCK=Rayex]Ahh. I had the impression I hadn't been on the ship. And you did write the following in my entry:
You are completely dry, but looking at the others on the beach, you seem to be the only one.
That's why I thought I hadn't been on the ship, since I was the only non-wet person in the area.
Oh well, let's just go with a Tara who's confused about what happened, then she'd fit in with the title of the adventure. ;)[/SBLOCK]

"Yes, my friends they should be..." Tara says with a faint smile, as she turns to point at the forest. However she never finishes the sentence as the scream pierces the air and grabs the attention of everybody. She moves in the direction of the scream, with the intent of finding out what is happening.

Kaodi

Hero
Fodor nods his head quietly, and turns his attention to aiding the others on the beach. However, when this brief period of organization is broken by the distraught cries of the young elven woman, he drops what he is holding and begins gathering arcane energies to himself, preparing for battle. He advances towards a vantage point that will afford him a view of what the woman is pointing at. Bugbears are, after all, not particularly well known for being timid. And besides, it might be edible.

Graf

Explorer
Alternative frowned. The bugbear's logic seemed fatally flawed to it. Unlikely that the captains authority actually continues now that we're off her vessel. Undoubtedly the local government of this... undetermined location... will be the true legal...

Its train of thought interrupted by the woman's scream the forged swiveled its head in the direction of the sound. Fles... humans usually scream like that when they are in great fear. The former security officer had experienced it frequently during forced-entry raids.

These flesh... humanoids are civilians they will not be able to mount an effective defense. My participation will be necessary.

Of course... It may be dangerous.

Alternative spied the kobold rushing up the beach ahead of him. I'll let the lizard-thing catch its attention first.

The forged follows behind Wittgenstein a short distance as they advance up toward the shore.

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
O-Haril had been deeply troubled by the loss of his weapons, and more importantly his armor- but he had long since learned to hide his thoughts behind a mask of calm, unless he faced battle. While the situation seemed odd, there were any number of strange things that one might find in an adventurer's life, and he tried to take this setback in stride.

At the sound of the elven woman's screams, though, his instincts took over. Without hesitation, even unarmed as he was, he began a lumbering trot towards the woman, barely even caring just what might have caused the alarm. He felt the sands of the beach shifting beneath his pounding feet- so like the treacherous ground of the blazing desert where he had been born...

OOC: [sblock] Passive Perception 19, but he is more concerned with covering ground first, and finding a cause second. [/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
Daniel fell to his knees. "I've lost the last piece I had of her.." He stared blankly at the ground, awakened only by the sharp, familiar scream, the same scream that haunted his dreams every night. "No... NO!" He turned and ran towards the screaming woman, his tear-filled eyes unable to discern that this elven lady was not the same one he dreamed of each night. "NOT AGAIN!"

Rayex

First Post
As you move up to the screaming woman, you all clearly see what she had seen. A young human woman brutally nailed to a big tree. Big wooden spikes pierce her upper arms and thighs, holding her in place. A vine is wrapped around her neck, and from it is a small leather satchel, dripping dark liquid.

Gangly looks at the Captain, face visibly paling. "She wasn' there a'minute ago, I swear." Phlegm turns around and spit on the ground, before turning to the captain and confirming the young lookouts claim.

A small crowd has gathered, curious about the scream. You can hear soft sobbing now, and someone is retching loudly in the back of the crowd.

[sblock=perception checks]
[sblock=Perception:15]
You recognize the woman as the dancer from the Traveling Troupe.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception:20]
The liquid dripping from the satchel has the look of blood, but the blood around her wounds is dried.[/sblock]

[sblock=Perception:30]
The satchel around her neck quivers slightly[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Bialaska]
Ai ai, I should check (my own) facts better next time! I must have forgotten to edit that part, but no matter. You are dry then, but you were on the ship![/sblock]

Remove ads